Chapter 23: Tony's Mistake

BGM: Leave Me – Dimitri Stockl

Thursday Morning at the Bruns Academy

Miguel told him that he did not need to be followed because he was just going to buy from a food cart. Tony knew that the food cart was located on a nearby street, less than three minutes away, so he allowed it. It was this dumb mistake that made him lose sight of his ward. Tony called his number but it was unattended. He secretly asked the people who worked at Hauz Architecture and Design if Miguel came it but they said they did not see him. Filled with dread, he searched the whole city until darkness came. The chief called him in the evening to ask about his ward's whereabouts but he was unable to give a satisfactory answer. He became tense when the chief told him to prepare for a disciplinary action.

While Tony was panicking, Miguel sat in front of a stern elderly man.

Around 6 PM at Zion Group's Head Office...

"Boss, did you see what I sent to your email?" Kasumi entered the CEO's office. Thirty minutes ago, he noticed something in a video that went viral on the internet. He ran the video in a program that he built which allowed him to able to identify the people in the video. Once his suspicion was confirmed, he immediately shared the link to his boss.

Henry lifted his gaze from the document he was checking. He saw no problem with the proposal but the other party was not having it. "What is it?" He asked in a gruff voice. He was clearly irritated by the disturbance.

"It's a news from this morning, Sir." Kasumi replied. He stood straight in front of the desk.

Henry turned to his computer and opened his email. He clicked the link that was sent by his head of security. Soon, a news report played on his screen.

The video was blurred. It was most likely taken from a low-definition CCTV footage. The subtitle stated that a civilian fought with an alleged kidnapper, which resulted in the kidnapper's arrest.

Journalists looked for the civilian to get an exclusive interview but he vanished after giving his statement to the police. The police did not release the young man's name. According to them the case was still ongoing. Other media company picked up the story and soon the video became viral.

Andre pushed his spectacles up his nose. He sat straight observing the boss's reaction. He was curious about the content of the video. Just then Kasumi turned to him and gave him a look which meant they would talk about it later.

A smirk formed on Henry's lips.

He pushed the file away and leaned back leisurely on his leather chair. Throughout the day, he went on with his usual work of reading reports, approving proposals, and occasionally berating his employees for their not so stellar accomplishments. In the evening, he held a business meeting over dinner. After that, he did a personal inspection of some of his various properties. He was a hands-on boss so to speak. At 11 PM he met with some foreign business partners. Their meeting lasted for two hours before they got into an agreement.

"Where to, boss?" Kasumi asked.

Andre sat on the passenger seat, replying to a couple of emails.

"To the estate," came the boss's hoarse reply.

Andre looked up from his tablet and pushed his spectacles up. The boss rarely went to the estate. He had a penthouse in an upscale area of the city where he stayed most of the time. There was no point going to the estate when the penthouse was much closer to their office building. This would be the first time in more than two weeks that he was returning. Could it be...? Andre shook his head. The boss rarely interacted with the foreign boy. He also knew that Henry was not the type of guy to cultivate romantic feelings. But what is this that's happening? The boss wanted to punish a newbie instead of letting the captain or to the chief do the work. Andre shook his head. Perhaps he was thinking too much.