part 24

JJK POV

They were only two shoots in and it felt like forever. Jungkook didn't know if jealousy was the right word, but he definitely had felt jealous during Jin and Y/n's photoshoot.

Everybody kept using words like, "couple" and saying how they looked so good together.

The gang was gathered around the snacks, while Yoongi was taking a nap in one of the lounge chairs on set.

"Yoongi," Jungkook heard Y/n call and he immediately looked over to see her trying to wake up Yoongi.

"We're about to shoot, you should wake up," she said as she gently nudged his shoulder, but he was fast asleep in the chair with his arms folded and eyes shut.

Y/n didn't manage to wake him up and looked towards Jungkook for help apologetically from across the set.

Oh, this is my chance.

Jungkook went up to the director of the shoot and mentioned that Yoongi hyung was still fast asleep, and that Jungkook could do his shoot with Y/n first so they wouldn't have to wake him up just yet. The director shrugged and didn't seem to mind.

"Okay everyone, we're going to skip to Jungkook's shoot while Yoongi is incapacitated," she laughed.

"Okay, for this shoot, it's similar to Namjoon and Y/n's, except there won't be any disasters here," she directed. "This time it's just going to be cute, like you guys are on a date, but you just so happen to be decorating a cake."

Y/n and Jungkook were standing side by side and Jin cracked a joke that it looked like they were about to film a YouTube video for their cooking channel.

He mimicked Jungkook's introduction while Jimin pretended to be Y/n in their tiny recreation of the pair.

"Very funny, hyung," Jungkook smiled with his bunny smile.

Around them, the crew was setting up the display with cake components and the meticulously placed "mess" from their imaginary baking of the cake. And soon the two were being staged for their photos.

Jungkook was more nervous than usual and couldn't seem to loosen up. The director sensed it as well because all of the photos were coming out a little bit forced.

He was working in such close proximity to Y/n.

"Jungkook, can you stand a little bit closer to her? She doesn't bite, as far as I know, she just knows how to use a knife," the director motioned for him to scoot closer to Y/n.

It didn't help that they practically had an audience. It made it even worse that Jungkook was even feeling these butterflies towards Y/n at all.

The director once again motioned for them to look at each other and smile or laugh like they're in the middle of a conversation while in the middle of decorating the cake.

Y/n was once again frosting a cake while Jungkook stood to her right.

"Just look natural, we'll be taking various shots and just picking from the best just like the past shoots," the director called out as she went to go get some water.

Y/N POV

I could tell that Jungkook was nervous, but hopefully he couldn't tell that I was either.

I wonder why he's nervous, though. I haven't been this physically close to such an attractive man in so long. He really looks like he's having an anxious time, though. I should try to do something to help since he has been so kind to me since I got here.

I didn't really know how to ease his anxiousness, mostly because this was new to me too. My comfort zone was the kitchen, not the photoshoot set. I realized if I couldn't comfort him with advice, I could at least distract him with things I did know.

"Jungkook, why don't you try frosting the cake and I'll stand to the side of you?"

"Oh? I've never frosted a cake before, this may turn into a disaster shoot like Namjoon-hyung's," he laughed for the first time since they started shooting.

I handed Jungkook the rubber spatula and the frosting bowl and took his right hand in mine as I showed him how to spread the frosting evenly.

I can't believe I'm basically holding his hand. Thank god I have makeup on or they could see how hard I'm blushing.

"It's really easy, though I do have to warn you.. sometimes it gets messy," I suggested as I took my hand off his.

JJK POV

Right as she said the word "messy", Y/n scooped up some frosting with her finger and streaked it down the side of Jungkook's cheek with a cute and mischievous smile.

Jungkook smiled his bunny smile at her and grabbed the wrist of the hand that streaked the frosting on his face.

"Was that an attack?"

"Not necessarily," she smiled back. "I warned you it could get messy, just giving a fine example."

It felt like everybody else in the room had melted away and it was just the two of them.

Jungkook held the frosting spatula in front of Y/n's face and offered it to her. The look of realization on her face as Jungkook started chasing her around the island counter of the set threatening her with it was priceless.

"Don't come near me with that! You know the director said I don't have an outfit change," she yelled through her laughter as she constantly tried to stay on the opposite side of the counter from Jungkook.

"They always say that, I'm sure they can find you something else to wear," he laughed as he ate some of the frosting off the spatula and continued chasing her around the island.

"Jeon Jungkook! I swear to God!" She yelled as he finally caught her with one arm around her waist from behind and the other with the spatula in hand.

He tapped her on the nose with the frosting from the spatula and let her go gently.

She turned around to look at him with a look in her eyes that he hadn't yet seen. His heart skipped a beat as the director's voice broke through their moment.

She had apparently already gotten the shots she needed and was clamoring over them with the photographer while Y/n and Jungkook were still being cute.

"These look so great, so natural. Thank god. I was getting worried there," she sighed. "They're filming this shoot too for teasers, so I'm glad we got some good content!"

After a while, Y/n shuffled through all of the rest of the photoshoots with the rest of his hyungs, and after a very, very long day, they finally all finished up about 10 hours later.

Jungkook had long since changed back into his all black outfit and the group was clamored around the editing desk of the photographer to look at all the photos and video footage collectively while Y/n was in her dressing room.

"Mr. Photographer, which of us do you think did the best today?" Jin teased.

"Aish, if I had to pick.. it' s tough, but Jungkook and Y/n really had good chemistry on set today. You and Y/n's shoot was a close second for sure," they mused as they continued clicking through the photos and onto the video footage.

"We're going to be releasing some videos tonight and tomorrow morning, so be sure to check out VLIVE if you want to see it, but I have to get to editing so you guys go ahead and change and you can go," they asked of BTS.