part 48

"I.. I really am flattered that you asked me on this date, but I have to be honest with you," I say as tears began to well up in my eyes.

I have to do this. I have to tell him the truth.

"Jungkook and I aren't seeing each other, but I do like him. I'm not sure if he likes me, and that's not really important, I guess, but I like him and it doesn't feel right to be here on this date with you when I've got somebody else occupying my thoughts," I managed to get out before I chicken out. It's the honest truth.

I'm not sure if I'm imagining it but a wave a relief washes over Yoongi's face as he begins to laugh.

"W-what is it?" I ask hesitantly.

"Well, I'll be honest with you too. I'm glad you like Jungkook. I'm sorry I even asked you on this date. If I had known your true feelings, I wouldn't have done so. The truth is, I have somebody that I'm.. seeing again after 5 years of not seeing each other, and I wanted the freedom to see where that goes. I didn't get the news until after I had already asked you, so I didn't want to seem rude by not carrying through," Yoongi explained.

Oh my god, thank goodness. 

A smile broke across my face and I couldn't help but laugh as well. 

"Well, there's nothing like a coffee date between friends, right?" I offer.

He smiled back at me and nodded as well.

"You haven't told anybody your feelings towards Jungkook?" Yoongi inquired.

I shook my head. 

"It wasn't really until you asked me on a date that I realized how much I liked him," I trailed off at the end because saying the words out loud still made me feel shy. I could feel the red creeping up my neck and filling my cheeks.

"Well if it makes you feel any better, we know him better than anybody, and we think he likes you too," Yoongi smiled as he took a sip of his coffee. 

I almost spit my drink out at his statement.

My heart started to pound.

He likes me too?

I must have spaced out because Yoongi's jaw dropped and he was fixated on something behind me, which I didn't notice until he uttered something.

"Jungkook," he said as he pointed behind me at the table in the far back corner of the cafe.

I snap back to reality and turn around to see Jungkook and IU sitting in the corner having a tense conversation. 

When did she get back to Seoul? Why is he meeting with her? And why of all the fucking places they could meet, did they meet here?

It didn't seem like they were saying much, and Jungkook got up abruptly to leave and that's when IU did it.

She kissed Jungkook.

There was a pang in Y/n's chest and she felt Yoongi's touch on her hand, urging her to turn away, but she couldn't.

Jungkook looked only a little perturbed by the kiss and sat back down to talk to IU after she pleaded with him, it seemed. Soon they were both crying.

So the kiss wasn't exactly what I thought.

After a few terse words, IU got up to leave, leaving Jungkook alone as the rain began to roll in outside.

Y/n couldn't look away. It was like a sad drama. She wanted nothing more than to reach out to him, but it felt like an invasion of his privacy to even be here. Even if it was accidental.