part 49

They left Jungkook alone, just like he asked.

Hours turned into days and days turned into weeks.

He missed the dinner at her restaurant, he missed meeting her parents at that dinner.

For weeks he avoided everybody. He avoided Y/n, he avoided filming, he avoided Bang PD, he avoided his hyungs, he avoided everybody.

He was just tired of being okay and really needed the time to not be okay.

He managed to coordinate with Jiwoo for somebody else to take Y/n to her award ceremony. Taehyung happily stepped in as his replacement. He didn't give anybody a chance to feel disappointed by his decision because he decided to go back to his apartment to stay for the time being.

He had successfully isolated himself from everybody so that he had time to think and sort through his feelings and thoughts. It wasn't necessarily the most healthy way to handle it, but it was just how Jungkook needed to deal with it.

Through the groupchat with his hyungs he was still barely able to keep up with what everybody else was doing. Apparently Y/n had moved into her own apartment for the time being as well. Jimin and Jin complained the most about missing having her at the house. Everybody was filming individual things with Y/n for VLIVE until Jungkook wanted to film group things again.

Jungkook sighed as he stared at his phone and scrolled through his Instagram until he found the post of the both of them.

He wished he wasn't so rude to her when they spoke last. He woke up this morning feeling a little bit lonelier than usual instead of drowning in his sorrow, and it let his thoughts wander to Y/n. The last he saw her, she had just gotten back from a date with Yoongi and Jungkook had just ended things with IU.

Jungkook hadn't even bothered to ask how their date went, because he couldn't bear to hear if it went well amidst every other thing in his life.

Yoongi had tried to reach out to him a couple of times but Jungkook never answered.

It was the morning after the award ceremony that he was supposed to have gone to with Y/n.

They had decided on the green dress once they switched over to Taehyung. Jungkook couldn't help but feel a pang of jealousy. It was his own fault though.

Jungkook had woken up early and decided he was going to leave the apartment to go for a jog around the neighborhood. 

As he was leaving his front door, the neighbor's door was opening as well. He remembered a week or two ago when they had just moved in. He was only just now getting to see who lived there and he stopped in his tracks when he did.

Y/n.... is my neighbor?

Her eyes looked puffy from crying, and she was taking out her trash to the chute down the hall. Jungkook was taken back and quickly retreated back into his apartment as quietly as he could.