part 26

Everybody was ready to go, including Jiwoo, but there was still no Y/n.

"I think I lost her," Jiwoo said and she furiously started scrolling through her phone trying to call Y/n.

He knew the set wasn't that big so he walked to her dressing room to look for her while everybody else was just standing by the door waiting to leave together as a group.

He found her curled up on the sofa of her dressing room, asleep, and she looked so tiny and fragile. Jiwoo came in behind him about to say something- but saw that Y/n was asleep and quickly closed her mouth.

"Jungkook-ah... could you... carry her?" Jiwoo asked sheepishly. "I would wake her, but I want her to get the rest since her schedule is so packed and I know she is overwhelmed."

Without even answering, and without a second though, he went over and covered her in his hoodie, scooped her up princess-style, and carried her out to where the rest of the group was. It looked like Y/n cried in her sleep a little once Jungkook took a look at her face, but he didn't mention it. Jiwoo made a hush gesture with her hands and motioned for everybody to leave and get into their chauffeured vehicles.

She forgot a jacket.

They had the same seating arrangements, but this time Jungkook sat almost sideways so that Y/n could rest and lean on his chest and sleep comfortably in the car while taking up the whole middle row.

The drive home seemed to go by too quickly as Jungkook watched quietly as Y/n slept in the glow of the street lights on the ride home in the car.

Taehyung and Jimin had also essentially fallen asleep on each other in the back row and the ride home was silent.

What am I going to do? How long can I pretend that I'm not developing feelings for her? How long will I go being with IU still? I wonder what she was crying about in her sleep.

He looked down at Y/n's now peaceful, sleeping face and brushed a hair out of the way and it seemed to wake her up.

She got up slowly, still in a daze, and looked around the car and then at Jungkook.

"I fell asleep," she whispered with a tiny, raspy voice as their eyes met, but this time she didn't look away. She looked at him with an intense expression.

"It's okay, we're almost home," Jungkook whispered back. "You can go back to sleep, I'll wake you up when we're there."

She didn't actually seem to be awake still, nodded, and went back to resting on him, this time she nuzzled in.

I have to do something. Something has to change. I can't be with IU anymore.

He looked out the window and stared off into space until they finally got home.

Y/n was fast asleep once they got there, so Jungkook just carried her to her room and rested her gently on her bed and tucked her in with Jiwoo's help as he secluded away to his own room and turned on his desktop.

He plopped in front of his desk, ignoring the quiet clamor happening in the house as everybody was getting settled, eating, relaxing, or all of the above. He sat there in his dark room with only the glow of his monitors in his face.

He hadn't checked his phone all day and had a ton of notifications blowing up his phone.

-

Notification: 3 messages from IU

Notification: 17 missed calls from IU

Notification: NEWS - BTS ARMY is going crazy over new VLIVE speculation