part 31

I woke up groggily, not remembering where I was. As I opened my eyes, I saw Jungkook's room around me and turned around to see him sleeping peacefully behind me, cuddling the row of pillows he had put between us. I blushed furiously and got up to go find my phone on the futon.

Those pillows could have been me.. he could have held me. This is insane.

Jungkook's room didn't have any windows because it was central to the house, so they had both managed to sleep like it was still night time even though it was now 1 PM.

Oh my god. Everybody's probably awake. I hope uncle got my texts last night... I know it was late..

I checked my notifications for text messages while sitting on the futon and saw some from Bang PD, Jiwoo, and, finally, from my mom.

I was overwhelmed by the sheer amount of communication on my phone that was required of me

I was overwhelmed by the sheer amount of communication on my phone that was required of me. I left Jungkook asleep as I wandered to where it seemed like commotion was coming from in the living areas of the house.

"Y/n! You're awake," Namjoon called out as I entered the living room. I looked around and all the guys were there except Hoseok, and they all paused what they were doing to look at me.

Ah, yeah, they found me in Jungkook's room, basically. 

"Hey! Good morning everyone, I know, it looks very incriminating," I laughed nervously as I went to sit on the couch. Namjoon joined me and smiled, showing me his dimples.

"No, I get it. He probably didn't want to be alone, so thank you for staying with him," he said.

Oh thank god. Oh shit. I forgot. I wonder if he has spoken to IU yet.

"Is Jungkook still sleeping?"

"He was when I left the room just now, yeah. PD nim has cleared our schedules of filming at least for today, if not for a few days, so I think we should just focus on cheering him up and figuring out what's going on there," I suggested.

The guys grimaced at the idea of having to try to cheer up Jungkook. 

"I think we should let him brood," Yoongi suggested.

"No, we should take him to the club," Jimin suggested, and Taehyung nodded- only because they love to dance.

"Food makes everybody feel better," Jin chimed in. I nodded in agreement.

"All of these ideas sound terrible and good at the same time, so I guess we'll just see how it goes," Namjoon shrugged.

"Oh, where's Hobi?" I asked.

"Ah, Jiwoo came to get him earlier this morning, they won't be back until tomorrow. I think she said something about designer samples? Maybe in regards to your outfits for the awards show," Namjoon explained.

Oh yeah. I guess that gives us extra free time, then. I wonder how Uncle Bang is going to fix this situation? I'm sure everybody online is talking about IU and Jungkook.

I started to browse through my Twitter and Instagram only to confirm what I thought to be true. They were trending on Twitter and all of the fan accounts were posting about them everywhere else.

Suddenly I saw the original post of me and Jungkook from the shoot yesterday and I started to blush furiously at the comments people had left below. 

They're SHIPPING me with Jungkook? 

I could feel her ears turning red.

I'm just a friend. A coworker. A friendly coworker. We're friends. Friends comfort each other. I'd stay the night with any of my heartbroken friends if it meant they didn't have to be alone.

"Y/n, are you alright?" Namjoon asked.

"Yeah, I am... I'm gonna go see if Jungkook is awake yet and see how he's doing," I said as I got up quickly to walk towards the hallways to the bedrooms.