Absolution (Chapter 2.)

Okay, here we go again. This chapter will serve as a means for me to learn how to write evidence chapters. Wish me Makoto's luck!

Once again, I'll let you know when to play the music.

____________________________________________________________

Shuichi's POV:

Kaede and I run down to the secret room in the library. The room is kind of cold. Poor Rantaro's body is still here. Kaede goes over to pay her respects while I start looking for the launcher. Rantaro wouldn't want her to die like this. He liked her, and he knew she would never kill someone.

...

...

...

Though it may be safe to say that I like her more...

I follow the string tied to the secret door. I find the launcher that Kaede rigged. It's in the walls, covered with a trapdoor that was attached to the string. It seems that opening the door caused the string to open the trapdoor and launch the ball.

Me: "This is the launcher you used?"

Kaede: "Yeah, it is."

Me: "Perfect."

I take the ball that killed Rantaro out of my jacket pocket. I take the launcher out without untying the string, and try to load it with the bloodied ball.

I couldn't get it to load. The ammo is too big.

Me: "And there's your proof."

Kaede is shocked.

Kaede: "So... it wasn't me? You weren't just saying that?"

Me: "Nope. It wasn't you. I can't believe that I was so stupid to overlook something this simple.

I start to tear up.

Me: "I-I'm so sorry. Because of my ignorance you almost..."

She pulls me down to the ground and we sit down together. She pulls my head onto her lap. I can feel my face start to heat up.

Kaede's POV:

Me: "Shuichi... it's okay."

I look down to see Shuichi blushing. When he sees me looking at him, he reaches for his hat, which is... uh... not with us anymore. As soon as he realizes this, his face turns even more red.

...

...

...

So damn cute...

No.

NO.

DEAR GOD NO. I CAN'T BE THINKING THIS! I DON'T DESERVE SOMEONE LIKE HIM!

He's so perfect and I'm..

I'm a curse... a plague to society...

I turn his head back towards me. His light green eyes seem to sparkle beneath his unruly navy blue hair.