Treble and Bass (Chapter 11.)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, KAEDE! (3/26)

OKAY, I'D LIKE TO THANK SOMEONE... AGAIN.

@Random-Kinner

They pointed out to me that it was Kaede's birthday. I made the mistake of thinking it was the 5th of March and that I missed it as I started this story the day after St. Patrick's. Seriously, I can't thank them enough as I may have messed up a couple of times on my last chapter and they helped me fix my mistakes. Hat's off to you.

As far as I'm concerned, the art is by u/mays_uwu_234. If I am wrong, please correct me in the comments. (https://www.reddit.com/r/danganronpa/comments/fpdft6/happy_birthday_to_our_beloved_kaede_akamatsu/)

Anyways, from the author to the character, Happy Birthday, Kaede!

____________________________________________________________

Kaede's POV:

The next morning, I'm in my own bed. I wake up, get up, and get out there. However, Shuichi isn't at my door waiting today. Oh well. I head down to the cafeteria, and Shuichi's already there, talking with Kaito and Maki quite actively. He only ever says more than one sentence in a row when he's either pissed, overjoyed, or planning something...

I walk over. As soon as he sees me, he panics.

Me: "Morning, Shuichi!"

Shuichi: "G-good morning..."

As soon as I sit down, the table goes quiet... why is everyone being weird?

Shuichi and Kaito do a Super Mario 64 Speedrun on their food and they get up to leave.

Me: "Shuichi, where are you going?"

Shuichi: "Sorry, Kaede. Kaito and I have something important to do. I'll see you later, though!"

He leans down and gives me a small kiss on the forehead. Though it's sweet, it feels rushed...

He and Kaito walk out of the cafeteria without cleaning their places, and Kirumi rushes over to do it for them. Shuichi's seat has two or three crumbs while Kaito's seat...

Um...

I'll leave it to your imagination...

Me: "Hey, Kirumi, you don't have to do this..."

Kirumi: "It was a special request from Shuichi so that he and Kaito could get to work quickly."

Me: "O-oh..."

Maki walks over to me and we starts talking. She talked about how Kaito was sometimes annoying, but that he had a big heart. She also talks to me about how cute Shuichi and I are. Of course, that makes me blush. After a while, I finish eating and I decide to head down to the game room as I have nothing better to do. On the way down there though, I see something bizarre. I see Shuichi and Kaito in a hallway, and they don't notice me.

Shuichi: "Alright, he's almost here, watch to make sure nobody shows up."

Kaito: "Gotcha, Sidekick!"

Shuichi: "Shhhh!"

Kaito: "Sorry..."

I hide behind a corner. I'm intrigued. Fortunately for me, Kaito is a pretty bad watchman.