Trial Without Error (Chapter 5.)

It's finally time for the trial. The last big story moment for a while. After this it will be pure fluff, I promise. I'l try to make this one on the longer side without dragging it out.

As usual, thanks for reading!

Art by u/Singleds

____________________________________________________________

???'s POV:

I swear if this goes how I think it's going to go... I made the decision to let Shuichi search for more evidence in Kaede's favor thinking that there was no more evidence that could prove her innocence. I thought that I would kill two birds with one stone. Dammit! that Ryoma didn't cover his tracks. It would have been perfect if I could entrust this to a master of deceit, such as that damn rat, but he would probably squeal on me being the mastermind as soon as he finds out for kicks and giggles. Instead of getting rid of the problem, I gave Shuichi confidence! Now I have two pests to deal with! (sigh) Fine. It's fine. This trial will at least set them back a bit. From there all I have to do is finish them off. But when he is found guilty... what will I do to keep him quiet?

...

...

...

Got it! I'll call him in right now, and erase his memories of me being the mastermind!

Me: "Monokuma!"

Monokuma: "Yeeeeeess?"

Me: "Bring me Ryoma."

Monokuma: "Sounds good!"

 I'm a genius sometimes. I know that she would be so proud of me!

I start to tear up a bit at this thought. It was all I ever wanted.

I wanted her to be proud of me.

I wanted her to love me.

I wanted her to BE me.

(If you beat DRV3 or watched a playthrough, then you know who that is. If you didn't beat DRV3 or watch a playthrough, then what are you even doing here?)

Kaede's POV:

I'm really worried about Shuichi. I get that we're friends, but you wouldn't go this far for a friend that you have only had for a bit over a month.

Unless he...

Perish the thought, Kaede. Drown it in your tears.

I sigh as he leads me to the trial room by the hand. I did get some sleep while he was out, but I couldn't sleep on the bed. That's where Gonta put Shuichi when he carried him back. I ended up sleeping on pillows on the floor.

It was the least I could do for him helping me so much. I owe him my life.

Not that my life is worth much, anyways.