The Favor of a Purple Rat (Chapter 3.)

Don't you just hate it when you're having a good moment but then a Purple Rat ruins EVERYTHING?

You probably haven't been in that situation as much as Shuichi and Kaede have.

Consider yourself lucky.

Also, as of March 15th, 2020, I have once again edited One More Vote (The first chapter.) I think I finally fixed all of my issues with it.

Art by Yuu (Pixiv 22929515)

____________________________________________________________

Kokichi's POV:

Neh,-heh, that was certainly an eventful trial. Who would'a thought that emo boy Shu would actually step up, let alone pull of that crazy ending stunt for Kaede.

It's a shame, too.

That execution was entertaining...

Ah well. I bet that the next execution will be fun too.

You know what? I'm gonna follow them! I wonder what they'll be up to.

I walk out of the trial room and follow after Shu, who is dragging Kaede along behind him. I trail along, but not too close to avoid being seen. 

Kaede: "SHUICHI!"

They stop.

Kaede: "Why? why would you even do this? I killed Rantaro. There's no way of going back. Now you're going to die too, all because I was impatient and selfish!"

Ugh, enough with the sappy stuff! Actually, come to think of it, how can she even talk right now? It makes no sense to me. She should be completely broken over what just happened to her. Huh, I guess that just shows her strength.

Shu talks to her for a while about how she's innocent. Now believe me, I don't think she's the killer. I can probably say the same for Shu. And before you ask, no. It's not me either. It would be so tactless to kill this early. The killer would have to be someone who really doesn't care much about anything but their survival. I guess you could say that about me, but honestly, I wouldn't kill this early.

I want to get to see the bloodshed

I want to see the chaos

I want to see how over time, this group who put any form of trust in each other are slowly brought farther and farther down as they are betrayed over and over again. 

Someone who did this doesn't see the beauty in this. I already have a list of people I have it narrowed down to. Kaede and Shu care too much about each other to kill someone.

After talking for a while, they finally move on.

When they reach the library, they open the passage to the secret room. How Shu even found this in the first place is beyond me. I wait outside and listen to them for a while. About thirty minutes go by before I hear...

Kaede: "Don't look up! (Giggle)"

Hm? This seems interesting. I step into the room, slowly. They're turned away from me. Kaede is standing on Shu's shoulders, holding the ball that killed avocado boy. Shu turns red at Kaede's lighthearted tease.