Way of Life (Chapter 14.)

Note: this is taking place at the same time as the last two stories.

We're finally getting back to the main story. After this chapter, another main arc will begin...

As usual, thanks for reading!

____________________________________________________________

Shuichi's POV:

I woke up next to Kaede. She fell asleep in my arms again last night.

I said that I don't want this to become a regular thing for now, and yet it's been three times already.

Whatever.

I pull her in closer, and I can hear her peacefully yawn. She looks up at me and smiles.

Kaede (Sleepily): "Morning!"

She plants a soft kiss on my cheek and falls back onto my chest.

I put one hand on the back of her head and I begin stroking through her hair. It's so soft and silky, even in the mornings.

I can feel her heartbeat...

It's so close...

I take my hand that was going through her hair and I out it around her cheek. She leans her head into it, putting one of her hands around mine. I lift her head so that our faces grow closer. I start to lean in. She closes her eyes and she follows.

We're so close that our noses are touching. I close my eyes and lean in.

Our lips meet, and we stay in embrace until the morning announcement.

Monokuma: "GOOOOOOOOOOOOD MOOOOOOOOORNING!"

I quickly tune the announcement out. I'm only paying attention to her.

I grab her and quickly pull her into another kiss.

She moans a bit before she kisses back.

Oh God please no.

Did I...?

I pull back and see that her face is completely overheated.

Me: "K-Kaede! Are you alright? D-did I hurt you?"

Kaede: "Shuichi, you didn't hurt me, silly. I was just... caught off guard. I'm not used to you being so confident..."

Me: "I-I'm so s-"

Kaede: "I liked it..."

I start to heat up.

Me: "Wh-wha...? Oh... o-okay..."

I kiss her again the same way, and she seems to be struggling to hold in a loud squeal.

So cute...

Five minutes later, she leaves my room and starts to get ready. I should probably get ready too.

After my shower, I do my hair and I get dressed. On the way out, I remember something important...

I go over to my table and I grab my Bass Clef pin. I attach it to my jacket pocket, so that the butterfly clutch (the back part of the pin) won't get lost.