Finally Peace

Act 7, Becoming human

2 days later

Daiya POV

Grandma was in the hospital again, she had been burned severely by the dragons. The monitors hooked up to her beeping as her heart was becoming more unsteady by the second. I hate seeing her hooked up like this, in this hospital. This is what I wanted to avoid but it was bond to happen eventually. In the beginning before we became monsters grandma was in the hospital, now in the end she's here as well.

The doctor said she wasn't going to make it.

My brother walks in as I look up at him with tearful eyes. "James." I said trying not to break into sobs as he pulls me into his arms for a hug as the monitor continued to beep. Our grandma looks up at us weakly as she smiles at us. "I'm so proud of you two." She tells us as James lets me go as we stand to face her. "We're monsters grandma." James tells her as she shakes her head no faintly. "You saved the world James... you and your friends." She tells him as she looks at me now.

"And Daiya..." she started to say before coughing really bad as she took a deep breath. "You brought me to the hospital... you saved me too." She stated as I nod my head at her words of reassurance. "It's okay James and Daiya... you two used to spend so much time arguing with each other. Now look at you. So close." Grandma said as the tears started to fall from my eyes.

James puts his arm around my shoulder as grandma smiles at us as I couldn't control my emotions. I couldn't help but to cry as grandma started to cough harder. "I can save you... I'll have Demetrius use the crown and he'll..." James started to suggest a solution as grandma coughed weakly before shaking her head no. "I've lived a good life. I don't want to cheat death again James. I'm ready to see my husband." Grandma tells us as our grandfather had died years ago in a car crash.

"I love you two." She said faintly as she started to cough harder as she took her last breath unintentionally. The monitor beeping as I couldn't hold my screams back any longer. James pulls me into his chest to muffle the sounds from my mouth. His shirt staining wet from the tears I was releasing. James took a deep breath as he was trying not to cry but failed. The nurses and doctor ran into the room to see the our grandmother was gone.

Two weeks later

Alx POV

"You okay?" Ava asked me once I walked out her room to get something from the kitchen. I had moved in with her after everything that had happened. Her parents were fine with me staying as I grab my leftover lunch out her refrigerator. "I'm fine." I tell Ava as her parents looked up at us In confusion.

Ava had decided to go to college to be a nurse and her parents were happy. Happy she was finally doing something positive with her life. After everything that had happened we all just wanted to live normal lives. Demetrius and James were going to have a discussion on what to do next with the crown. I was still trying to figure out my place in the world.

What does it mean to be a human.

My back had healed as I had made a fast recovery. It took two weeks but I was walking on my own again. That battle traumatized me. I would get ptsd of our battle with Jal as I remembered he broke my back. The feeling of numbness in my body as I was Paralyzed. I never want to feel that feeling again. I couldn't hold control my thoughts as I started to shake in fear all over again.

"What's wrong Alx?" Ava's dad asked me as I hold back my tears. "I never knew my parents... and you guys are nice enough to let me stay with you." I spoke as my voice started to crack as Ava walked towards me pulling me into a hug. Her parents walked towards me as well as they group hugged me as I finally felt welcomed. I couldn't tell them that I was traumatized from fighting a dragon man. As long as Ava didn't tell her parents she was a vampire I wasn't going to say anything.