Chapter-3

Daniel Adams

Blame it to my curiosity that my search history in my laptop was full of that particular black mesmerizing-eyed; feisty beauty who unknowingly made her home in my head.

I discovered many things about her that were framed by the media. And I personally don't believe what media spurt. They write or show anything that brings them publicity.

After reading many things about her, my interest in her piqued at another level. I wanted to know more about her... On a personal level.

I was trying to figure out the ways to meet her again. And at the same time, I was calculating the risks associated with it because I was sure that if I meet her again I would surely do something to annoy her, and obviously she would retort back. And that is what I want!

I was putting pressure on my mind in order to come up with some plan to meet her when Scott came into my cabin.

"Sir, Mr. Patterson informed me that he has to attend an urgent meeting so you have to supervise the photoshoot which is going to be held today," Scott said.

"What?!" I blurted. "I have plans for the day." I ran my fingers in my hair. I would have come up with some excuse to meet her but Sean ruined it.

The photoshoot was arranged for the promotion purpose. Our company assembles and makes car parts and accessories. And for celebrating and promoting the new partnership formed with a new car manufacturing company; we arranged a photo shoot.

"And sir, the models chosen are Claire Wilson and..."

"Claire Wilson?" I cut off Scott in between. "I'm gonna have a talk with Sean now." Standing up I made my way out.

"Sir, but another one is..."

Ignoring what Scott was saying, I went to Sean.

"Sean, why did you select Claire Wilson as one of the models," I said barging in his cabin without knocking on the door. I didn't know about that because Sean was handling the project.

"Somehow, her father knew about the photo shoot so he was bugging me to sign his daughter as one of the models. And her father is an important client, I couldn't deny." Sean reasoned out.

I sighed. "Okay, but what's up with you? What important meeting you have?" I asked.

"Oh, the meeting. Actually, Mr. Hillz, our raw steel supplier has something important to discuss so I have to meet him urgently." Sean replied.

"And just because of that I have to cancel my plans," I mumbled.

"What plans?" He inquired, looking at me with raised eyebrows.

"Why can't Xavier do it?" I asked, dismissing his question.

"He's busy at home. Daniel listen, I have to go now. Take care of everything. Okay." He patted my shoulder and left his own cabin in a hurry.

Sometimes I feel like my co-partners and my best friends frame these kinds of things to torture me.

I immediately dialed Xavier's number to ask him what he's busy with.

"Hey, Xavier why didn't you come to work today?" I asked him the moment he picked up the call.

"My wife had an urgent meeting to attend so I'm home taking care of my daughter, Amara." He replied.

"She's there with you? I want to talk to her, give her the phone." I said excitedly.

"Daniel, she's just 10 months old, she can't speak." He said in a bored tone.