Chapter-21

Eloise Nicole

It shouldn't be bothering me...but it was. That one kiss masked my every thought and gave me sleepless nights. It's not that it was my first kiss but it was something that took my peace away—not in a negative way but in a positive way.

It had been two days since that moment at his penthouse but it was still fresh in my memory. I was a little relieved that we hadn't met for the last two days because of our busy schedule as it gave me time to think about all that was happening in my life.

Other than the kiss, I was thinking about the one most important matter—who is this princess, and what importance does she has in his life? He said she is someone special but he, not for once clarified his relationship with her.

He said that he was ready to fit me in his heart but how could he do that when he already had someone there? But his statement felt promising. The determination and sincerity in his voice fluttered my heart. He never looked at me in the wrong way. He listened to me when it was needed, he guided me, gave me reasons to smile, and most importantly he managed to fill positivity in me. His mere thought was enough to make me positive and make me smile.

His nature made me recall my father's words. My father said to me that—the day I decide to stay positive and the day I find a man in whom I'll find positive vibes, that day I'll know how to love.

Is Daniel really that man my father was talking about? I too wanted to experience love. I too wanted to be loved. I had ignored God knows how many men just to find the one for me.

Respect, care, and love; the things I wanted from a man and... Daniel was capable of giving me all.

And after contemplating for two days,  I finally managed to accept the fact that I wanted to be close to him as without any hindrance he managed to cross the line I had created to not let anyone in. Even though he didn't clarify who this Princess was, I was ready to take a chance because he never seemed to be the kind of person who gives false hopes and he for sure is not the kind of person who will kiss anyone if he already has someone in his life. Still, I would clarify everything between us before taking another step.

I was trying to build my trust in him. I hope I'm not making any mistake by giving Daniel a chance.

"Okay, enough." Trish's voice brought me out of my dreamland. I looked at her to find her staring at me with her hands crossed in front.

"I'm trying to suggest a dress for you and you're lost in your dreamland." She chided. She was helping me to choose the dress.

It was the day of Amara's birthday and it was going to be a day event. The event was nothing fancy but a small gathering where only close friends and family members were invited; no media, and no other guests. And to be honest, I was feeling awkward about going there.

"Hey, you're lost again." She snapped her fingers in front of me. "I'm observing you from the last two days, you're always thinking something and now, I'll not leave you until you tell me what's happening with you." She sat on my bed, cross-legged. I stayed quiet, staring at her.

"Tell me, now." She raised her voice, glaring at me. I bit the inside of my cheek and scratched the back of my ear.

"Well, umm... Actually... We kind of... kissed."

"We? Who are we here?" Goodness, how could she act so dumb?

"Daniel and me." I blurted out and averted my eyes. I could feel the heat crawling up my face.

When I didn't hear anything for a second, I looked at her to find her blinking her eyes with her mouth wide open. I snapped my fingers in front of her face and in no second I was engulfed in a hug and I almost became deaf because of her squealing.