Chapter-7

Eloise Nicole

Numerous pictures in magazines, newspapers, and on the internet but my eyes were fixed on a particular picture. Daniel and me.

I don't know why but my brain was resisting my fingers to scroll the picture on my phone. There was something in that picture which I wasn't able to figure out.

"El"

I hastily closed the article and put my phone back on the table when I heard Evan's voice.

"Yep."

"I received a call from Rick Hashington's secretary. Rick wants to meet you." He said sitting on the chair on the opposite side of the table whereas Trish sat beside me.

"Purpose?" I asked.

"Work." He replied while tapping his fingers on the table. I nodded my head.

Rick Hashington; a prominent name in the industry who owns a clothing brand. His tag is mostly famous for the lingerie business. He yearly organizes the runway shows and photoshoots for the promotion of the collection. He also owns a production house for creating TV commercials.

The most important thing, he was the one who helped my mother to find work for me and in repayment, he wanted me to work for him when the time comes.

It's the time I guess. But one thing about me, I don't wear lingerie on-screen or for any kind of promotion. It's not that I don't wear them; every woman does but every woman also doesn't publicize them, I belong to that category of women. I refuse to publicize them. It's the choice I made when I started my career. And fortunately, my mother too didn't oppose my decision.

I never refuse to wear any type of clothing but wearing lingerie is a personal affair. Obviously, many models are there who do that happily and I really don't have any problem with that because it's their choice.

And if Rick Hashington was inviting me to wear his lingerie collection for promotion then it's the work I would reject without any doubt.

"What work?" I asked Evan.

"Didn't mention. His secretary said Rick personally wants to tell you." He mumbled.

"What do you think?" I asked him as he knows about Rick's ways of work.

"Honestly, it doesn't sound good. You know he's not a good man to work with." He replied.

Another thing to know about Rick, he doesn't portray a good image, he is a businessman with cheap thinking about women, and also he is known to sleep with women he works with. He even openly admitted it quoting "If women don't refuse then what problem other people have with it."

Yes, many women do willingly but sources state that he threatens to destroy the carrier of women who refuse him, and also till he's satisfied with a particular woman, the limelight is showered onto her and after that, he doesn't care.

"Mm..hmm, I know. But I have to meet him for the sake of the favor he did on my mother."

"Okay then, we'll meet him today itself and I won't leave your side as I don't trust that man," Evan said sternly. I chuckled and agreed to my protective friend.

Suddenly I remembered something. "Hey, I have a surprise for both of you," I said excitedly.

"What?" They both asked.

"You two have a day off tomorrow so plan it the way you want. Actually, not just tomorrow. After meeting with Rick today, you both are free." I exclaimed happily.

"What about your work?" Trish asked.

"Luckily, after months, I have a work-free day. So, to take a bit of mental rest I will be visiting someone whom I haven't visited for long." I looked at their faces which were full of worry.