Chapter-31

Eloise Nicole

I had no idea where he was driving me to. I just knew it was the place close to his heart. I was pondering over my brain to come up with the name of any place because Daniel, as usual, wasn't telling me where he was driving me to. He just kept on smiling silently while looking straight at the road.

After a while, he stopped the car in front of a beautiful and big house in a quiet area away from the bustling city life.

"Whose house is this?" I asked as I kept my eyes directed at the house in order to get a glimpse of the owner.

"You wanted to see my family, right?"

This statement made my head turn to him in shock. No, He did not... He... Did he bring me to his family home where he spent his childhood?

"Yes." He said, smiled softly. I think he got the clue of my unasked question, looking at my surprised face. He stepped out of the car and opened the door for me. "Come on, they are waiting."

I couldn't step out of the car as I was sitting frozen on my spot. My heart had started to pick up the pace. He trusted me enough to bring me to meet his parents.

"Earth to Eloi." He snapped his fingers in front of my face. He then extended his hand for me which I held tightly and then he took me inside the house of the memories.

He opened the doors of the house and my nervousness climbed the mountains. Unknowingly, I squeezed his hand tightly which made him look at our clasped hands. He then looked up into my eyes and gave me an encouraging smile but his own eyes had sorrow in them. He then made me stand in front of a big family picture.

"Hey, how are you all doing today?" He beamed, looking at the portrait but I could see the pain behind his smile. "See, who I brought with me today." He said as he wrapped his arm around my waist.

"Meet Eloise Nicole, my girlfriend." He said proudly. My heart became heavy and I could feel tears welling up in my eyes but I didn't let them fall.

"Eloise, meet my father, George Adams" He pointed at the man in the portrait. "My mother, Natalie Adams, and my baby sister, Ariana Adams." He pointed at two females in the portrait.

I smiled genuinely and brushed my hand on the picture. "Now, I know from where you got the looks. You look like your father." I tried to make the dense atmosphere lighter.

"Yeah, good looks run in my family." He chuckled lightly. I glanced at the face of his mother and couldn't help but admire her beauty. Then my eyes landed on the young girl who had a bright smile on her face, his sister.

I frowned a little while looking at his sister, her eyes had a resemblance of someone I couldn't point out. After running my mind for a while, I gasped. "She looks like-"

"Ariana Knight." He completed my sentence. "I know. Imagine my shock when I saw Ariana for the first time? I thought my sister came back. Even her name is the same as my sister's. That's why I call her Princess, the endearment I used to call my sister with."

That's why Ariana Knight holds a special place in his heart.

I couldn't hold myself anymore and threw myself over him and wrapped my arms tightly around his neck. " I'm so sorry for whatever I said that day. I had no idea what you went through. I shouted at you... I'm sorry... I'm so sorry..." I cried against his chest. He softly pushed me away and cupped my face.

"Hey, I haven't brought you here to see you cry." He wiped my tears with his thumbs. "I have brought you here to tell you something." He mumbled, looking straight into my eyes.