Chapter-13

Eloise Nicole

The following day I woke up in a very good mood. I felt so light and I wasn't able to hold my smile. There was no reason to smile but Daniel's advice to keep smiling made me do it.

To burn the extra calories I gained overnight, I went to the gym which was on the second floor of the building I live in. I was running on the treadmill when Trish took the treadmill left to mine and started it at the lowest speed.

"What's with the extra workout?" She asked walking leisurely on the treadmill.

"Burning extra calories flowing in my blood," I managed to speak despite the fact that I was breathing heavily due to running.

"Extra calories? What made to gain extra calories?" Evan asked taking the treadmill to my right.

"Cheat day!" I replied in short.

"Woah! Cheat day? All of a sudden? I don't even remember when you last had your cheat day." Trish stopped the treadmill in surprise.

I too terminated my running process and sat on the edge on the nearby flat bench.

"What exactly you two want to know?" I asked sipping the water from the sipper. They both rushed to me; Trish sat beside me and Evan sat cross-legged on the floor in front of me.

"Did Daniel give you a chance to explain?" Trish asked.

"Well, yes and he forgave me." I smiled secretly.

"That's amazing." Trish clapped her hands. "Share the details!" She chirped.

I shared the details of where he took me how he forgave me.

"And that's how I ended up gaining extra calories." I finished.

"Well, thanks to him that he at least made you smile." Evan sighed. "And thankfully you didn't end up hating one more man." He finished. I rolled my eyes at his last remark.

"So, what happens now?" Trish asked nudging my side.

"With what?" I frowned in confusion.

"Daniel and you, of course."

"We're friends now," I replied standing up from the bench.

"Friends? I thought Daniel would ask you to be his girlfriend! I never expected this from a man like Daniel." Trish sighed in disbelief.

I face her and scowled. "Girlfriend? Now, where is this stupid idea coming from? And I was the one who offered friendship which he accepted wholeheartedly."

"Goodness, Eloise, what should I do to you?" Trish pulled me back on the bench. "What's wrong with this pretty head of yours? Which woman in her right mind would offer a hand of friendship to an extremely hot man like Daniel?"

"What do you mean by an extremely hot man like Daniel?" Evan, who was sitting silently scowled at his girlfriend. Trish ignored him and focused on me.

"Eloise, you are not at the age of making men your friends. You need a man in your life. You need a boyfriend." She threw her hands in the air in frustration.

Do you think I'm at the age of making friends?

Daniel said the exact words. Did he mean the same as Trish? No, he was just teasing me.

"You are making no sense here, Trish. I'm happy the way I am." I retorted back.

"You are not." She mumbled lowly.

I couldn't deny that fact. She was right. I may show everyone that I was happy but only I knew that deep inside I was lonely. I too needed someone who will love me and only me without asking for anything in return. I needed someone to make me happy; to show me the path of love.