Chapter-24

Eloise Nicole

"Well, I'm free so... I would love to."

The moment those words left my mouth, he pecked my lips one again and ran back to his table to collect his things.

"May I ask where are we going?" I asked when we sat in his car.

"Honestly, I myself don't know. I just want to spend time with you."

And just like that, butterflies in my stomach fluttered their wings at full speed causing a whirlwind in my stomach.

"What about a long drive?" He asked.

"Sure," I replied.

He nodded his head and drove into the street. He drove outside the city area, crossing the busy, active, and noisy roads. When we were in a quiet area, he lowered the speed of the car. Throughout the drive, he held my hand and kept my fingers intertwined with his. We engaged ourselves in small talks but the silence was winning the game. We didn't speak much as we both were enjoying the silent ride.

I asked him to bring me to the place where we did rock skipping as I wanted to do it so badly. He obliged and took me there. I challenged him in the game, and of course, he won. We were deeply immersed in the fun activity that we didn't know when the day passed and the sun's light changed into the moonlight.

We drove back into the bustling and never stopping, never resting city life. When we were back in the city Daniel had a craving for a burger so he stopped the car near a burger joint.

"A burger for you too?" He asked me.

"Nope! I'm not going to eat that cheesy heaven again." I shook my head.

"We're not arguing on this again." He said in annoyance. "I told you that when you're with me there's no rule for eating and no holding back." He scowled.

I stared at him intently thinking that only food has the power to change his mood from happy to grumpy.

"Oh! Come on, as if one burger will make you fat," He whined when I didn't reply to him. "I can't enjoy a burger when you're sitting beside me, drooling over my food. And mind you, I don't share my food." He said, pointing his finger at me.

I had no choice but to agree with him. He got out of the car and went to grab burgers. I stepped out of the car to take a stroll as he was taking the time to come back.

I just stepped a few meters away from the car when I bumped into someone. My mood turned bitter when I saw whom I bumped into. It was Michael, my ex.

"Oh! What a wonderful day it is. We meet again, Eloise." He grinned, showing his full set of teeth. He fucking grinned. How dare he?

I didn't want to see his face so I turned and was about to walk away when he came in front of me and blocked my way.

"Oh, come on, Eloise. It's been years. Till when you'll keep avoiding me? See, I'm a famous model now, just because of you. You know, Rick Hashington hired me for his new project. And I've heard that he wants to hire you for the same. It would be fun working with you." He smirked.

I clenched my hands in a fist and threw dragger at him. "I don't care what you have become and who you work with. And I'm for sure not going to work with Rick."

"Still feisty, huh?" He took a step towards me.

I took a step back. "Don't you dare cross your limits. You have done it before but this time I won't let you. Just fucking stay away from me. I haven't forgotten yet what you did to me. And you have the audacity to come near me after doing all that to me?" I yelled at him, keeping my voice in check in order not to gain attention.