Chapter-42

Double update ❤❤ Enjoy.
___________________________________

Eloise Nicole

The person was Claire.

"H..Hi, Daniel. Hello, Eloise." Claire waved her hand, stuttering.

"Hello, Claire," Daniel said.

"Umm... Can I talk to you, Eloise? In private?" She dared to say. "Please?" She added.

I looked at her. Her face was showing guilt and her eyes were puffy indicating that she had cried.  It was time to ask her why he did all that to me so I asked Daniel to go to the reception desk to ask for the discharge papers.

"Are you sure? I mean, I can go afterward." He said carefully, looking between Claire and me.

"Please, Daniel, I need to talk to her."

He nodded his head in hesitation but left us alone.

"Why Claire? Why you did all that to me? What have I ever done to you? I know you blame me for snatching work from you, snatching... Daniel from you while he was never yours. But you didn't have to stoop so low. You pushed me into danger." I couldn't help but snap at her.

"I'm sorry, Eloise. I was blinded in revenge but I swear I had no idea that Michael will do this to you. I thought he wanted to talk to you and I took it as a chance to take my revenge on you but I never knew his real intentions." A lone tear slipped from her eye.

"You remember I received a call in between our talk? It was him, he called me out. When I went out he wasn't there, I even searched for him but when I didn't find him I came back and found that you were gone too. I tried to call you but your phone was turned off. I thought you left after listening to what I said so, I drove back home."

"And when I was going through the Internet, I saw the news of Michael and Rick being arrested and Daniel bringing a girl out of the hotel in his arms. Though the face of the girl was covered, I knew it was you. I'm sorry, Eloise, hurting you like this wasn't my intention." She cried as she approached me.

"I cried the whole night, thinking about what I had done but I needed to apologize as it all happened because of me. So, here I am to apologize. I'm sorry, Eloise. I'm sorry for asking you to leave Daniel. You're right, he was never mine, and he could never be mine. He is all yours. I'm sorry for pushing you in danger. Please forgive me for everything. I'm not a bad person." She cried harder.

I studied her face that was now a mess because of crying. She was really regretting what she did. One thing I've learned after working with her for so long is that she never cries before anyone. She never lowers her head before anyone. She was genuinely feeling sorry.

I hugged and patted her back. "Hey, shhh, don't cry. I understand you, Claire. And, yes, you are not a bad person. You didn't do anything intentionally."

Though she wanted her revenge on me, she was also a victim of Rick's dirty plans.

I pulled away and gave her tissues to wipe her face. "You know, Claire, I salute your courage. You could have left everything like the way it was but you came out to apologize when you knew you could have been blamed too. Trust me, Claire it needs a lot of courage." I squeezed her shoulder.

"So, Claire, I forgive you, and let's put our past aside and start anew, what say?" I asked, smiling.

She smiled through her tears and hugged me tightly. "Thank you so much, Eloise. I'm such a fool for considering you as my enemy."

I patted her back in a soothing manner. Everyone deserves a second chance. After talking to Claire, I thought I was too hard on my mother, she too apologized and she too deserved a second chance. I made up my mind to talk to her soon.