Chapter-11

Daniel Adams

"Sir, Miss Nicole called...again."

I raised my eyes from the documents I was reading to look at my P.A, Scott.

"What did you answer?" I inquired.

"That... You're in a meeting." He replied cautiously like I would say something to him. In fact, I was the one who ordered him to answer that whenever he receives a call from that woman.

"Good, go back to work," I ordered.

It has been four days since I had been avoiding her. Somehow Eloise extracted the number of my P.A and she had been bugging him by calling him in almost every three hours.

I was well aware of what she wanted, of why was she calling my P.A frequently, and why was she seen in front of my office building every day. It was not rocket science to figure that out. Obviously, she wanted to apologize.

And as for me, I was willingly avoiding her. I wasn't angry at her anymore because whatever she blurted out that day wasn't her, it was her anger and in addition, she doesn't know about my family. But I wanted to make her realize that everything doesn't come out her way. That arrogant woman must learn to respect the feelings of others. She must understand how to control her anger.

When I saw her that night in front of my building, I was surprised to see her there and I swear, I would have forgiven her at that very moment if Claire hadn't interrupted my focus. That night, I didn't go out with Claire on a date rather it was a friendly dinner which she was asking for a long time now and it was clear to Claire too but she still made it look like a date in front of Eloise and I didn't even correct her. Why? I had no idea.

But I must say Eloise surprised me with her efforts for asking for an apology. I thought she would give up after I threw back her own words in her face but she didn't give up instead she increased her efforts to get an apology.

I gazed at the flower bouquet resting on my work desk sent by none other than Eloise Nicole. When I came to work I found the bouquet on the desk and Scott informed me from whom it came.

I picked up the note-card which was hanging in between the flowers and read it again.

Mr. Adams, I truly apologize for my misconduct, and to prove my apology I would like to have a talk with you. I would really appreciate it If you could spare a few minutes.

Thank you.
Eloise Nicole.

What a formal apology note she wrote!

I felt the corner of my lips tugging up. She's a strange woman. Sometimes she's sarcastic, sometimes frustrated where she doesn't care about others, and the rest of the time, she's formal. But I knew, all of these sides of hers were not real and I was tempted to see her original side. But I don't think that would be easy as whenever I meet her, my focus remained on teasing her, and that only frustrates her.

Placing back the note-card in its position I rubbed my face with my palms and sighed in frustration.

"Why am I even thinking about her? Why am I making her wait to apologize? Why am I allowing her to bother me? Why I want her to work hard to get an apology? Why everything is about her these days? What is happening  to me?" I muttered loudly in frustration. 

"What's so special about her that she's overtaking my every thought?" I asked myself. "She needs to go out of my mind."

I shook my head to throw her image out of my head and diverted my attention back to my work.

After lunch hour, Xavier and Sean came to my cabin that too without a knock on the door.

"I wonder what is going in your head that is making you drown in work." This comment came from Sean as he sat on the chair placed opposite my desk.