Chapter-25

Daniel Adams

Isn't it strange how time flies quickly when you want it to slow down a little?

That was what exactly happening to me. I didn't know how one week flew by. Spending time with Eloise felt so good, I never look at the clock whenever we're together. We had been busy with our work but we always made sure to make time for each other.

Making time for each other despite being busy without complaining about the work schedule. This is what a relationship should be like, right?

I sighed, fiftieth time. I still couldn't come up with the idea of how to propose to her. I was sitting in my office, staring at Eloise's photos on magazine covers. I was hoping for an idea to pop up in my mind.

A beach proposal? Nope!

Candlelight dinner proposal? Nope!

Romantic night at home? Nope!

Disney park? Nope!

Somewhere with a beautiful view? Nope!

Too common! I wanted something blasting.

"Come on! I can't even think of an idea to propose to a woman I like? What has happened to me?" I stated annoyingly while running my hands through my hair.

Suddenly, the door of my office shot open and Xavier, and Sean walked in. I abruptly flipped the magazines as I had no time to hide them.

"Don't you know how to knock?" I scowled.

"As if you know that!" This sarcastic comment came from Xavier.

"So what's going on?" Sean asked when they both sat on the chairs.

"Was just going through the contracts," I muttered, picking up a file from the pile.

"Are magazines counted in the contracts?"

My body went stiff and my eyes shot wide open when Sean picked up one of the magazines from the desk.

"Seriously, Daniel? Looking at her photos?" Xavier snickered.

"You see her live daily and you spend most of your time with her then why photos?" Sean raised his eyebrows, waving the magazine in front of him. Heat rose up my neck.

"None of your business." I stood up and snatched the magazine from his hand.

"I would make it my business if you'll hide things from me." Sean scowled.

"I'm not hiding anything from anyone."

"So? What's the status?" Xavier asked, leaning forward.

"Well, I confessed to her that I like her. And... She likes me too."

"Whoa!!! I guess congratulations are in order," Xavier grinned and Sean laughed.

I glared at them. "What are you guys here for? If you don't have any urgent work then leave, you two are disturbing my thinking process."

"You can think?" They both asked in shock. I balled a paper and threw it at them. They started laughing at my missed target which made me laugh too.

They stayed in my office for almost an hour. I tried to push them out but they didn't budge. However, we spend that hour talking about business and stuff. When they were about to finally leave I stopped Xavier from going out. I had something to talk to him or rather I wanted his suggestion. I asked him to sit on the couch and sat beside him.

"What?" He raised his eyebrows.

"I need your help."

"What help?"