Chapter 5

"Lady's and gentlemen if you would be so kind and empty all your wallets and jewelry into this bag id be so happy," his psychotic smile scared the small girl making her clung to her father. His white makeup was smuggled terrible as he walked around. A girl with to little clothes followed behind him with a large wackamole mallet.

They started to collect everyone's things till they got to Bruce and Clark. Bruce placed charlie on the floor stepping in front of her to hide her from view.

"Ah Mr. Wayne, the richest man in America, care to spare some change,"

"Oh Mr, J! Look isn't she a cutie!" The girl squealed pointing at Charlotte who cringed and held into Bruce's leg. Bruce stiffened placing a hand behind him to hold into Charlie's shoulder.

"We gave you all the money," he growled as they tried to look at his daughter. Just as quickly as the words left his mouth a gun was placed to his forehead.

"Let's see if the little girl has anything,"

"Daddy," she whimpered tears coming to her eyes.

"Can we keep her Mr. J! Can we?"

"Hmm taking Bruce Wayne's newly adopted daughter, sounds like a great idea Harley. Sorry sweat heart I'm going to have to make you an orphan again," he cackled taking his gun away from Bruce. Taking that as an advantage Bruce struck out punching the clown in the face making him back up even farther away. He held his jaw in mock surprise. "So the playboy can hit. Well so can I,"

Stepping back he aimed the gun but a scream stopped him.

"No!" The small child screamed spraying a can at the two watching as they inhaled it. "Not my daddy,"

The two laughed at her but suddenly started to have blurry vision. After a moment they collapsed and the room was silent.

Quickly Bruce's picked Charlie up I. His and pushing back her face to examine her.

"Are you ok?" He said quickly still searching her for any injuries. She nodded as he wiped away her tears.
"I would never let them take you,"

"I know but I didn't want them I hurt you daddy," smiling he kissed her forehead.

"I'm proud of you," he said cuddling her close. The rest of the guest stood watching their little exchange in awe. "Let's go home," picking up their belongings with Clark the three of them walked out. Police ran in after them as they went down the steps of the building.

"I'll need to call Alfred," Bruce said thinking out loud.

"I could give you a lift," Clark said as they walked down the street a little farther to get away from all the people.

"You drove?"

"Well no," he said scratching the back of his neck.

"You mean you would fly us home?" Charlie said speaking for the first time sense they had gotten outside.

"If your like that then yes?" He said making her smile match his.

"Daddy can we! Please! Please!" She said practically jumping in his arms.

"I suppose," he said a half smile on his lips as he looked down at her.

Clark grabbed Bruce under the arms as he held his daughter tightly. Lifting them into the air he heard the little girls squeals of delight and peels of laughter.

They flew through the sky with her shouts to go faster were heard by only the birds next to them.

Sadly though the ride ended making her pout.

"Can we go again?" She said giving Bruce her puppy dog eyes. Resisting he shock his head.

"It's bed time for you and Clark has to go, now say thank you, and goodbye,"

"Thank you Uncle Clark! Goodnight," the little blonde ran forward hugging him around the waist as high as she could reach. He was shocked by the name she called him but smiled. He always did want a niece to spoil. "Goodnight Charlotte," flying up in the air he couldn't help but smile all the way to his apartment and even when he was going to bed.

The little blonde had managed to wiggle her way into another persons heart.

Walking inside they were meet by a worried Alfred who was quickly given the run down of the night. After checking them both for injuries he allowed them to go off to bed. Tucking in Charlie he kissed her forehead as she clung to her teddy bear.

"Goodnight Charlie," he whispered kissing her forehead.

"Goodnight daddy, I love you," he was at the door when he heard her say that.

"I love you too," he said smiling as he left the door cracked and went to bed himself.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Early update because I love all of you! And because this chapter was really short sorry about that!!:( hope you liked it though!

Goal

20 votes

10 comments

Go do great things!

-charlierose