Chapter 11

"Ok what do we need," Charlie said tapping her chin as she thought. "Cookies!" She decided looking at Alfred with a nod of her head her curls bouncing atop her head.

"I'm sure Dick would love that," Alfred said with a small smile as he began to get the ingredients out but was stopped by Charlie.

"Alfred since I'm eight now I think I can make my own cookies," Charlie said with her chin raised high. "Now go some where else I am cooking now!" She declared pushing him out of the kitchen as he chuckled at her behavior. Once Alfred was out she rubbed her hands together it was time to get to work. Glancing at the clock she saw that she had an hour till Bruce would arrive with Dick.

Getting to work she got out everything she needed before pushing a stole up to the counter due to her shortness it would just be easier, she reassured her self that it was completely normal to not be tall as she went on her tippy toes to get a bowl.

7 terrible cracked eggs and a few spills items later her cookies were in the oven baking away. A beep signaled through out the kitchen letting her know that someone had just entered the gates of the manor. Jumping up she bolted for the door finding Alfred already there.

Grabbing his hand she was practically shaking with excitement.

Grandpa do you think he will like me?" Charlie looked up at the old butler hopefully.

"As long as you are nice I don't see how he wouldn't."

Smiling she began to jump around again her excitement clearly showing. They both waited about 2 more minutes till a car pulled up in the front. Stoping her spins she ran to the bottom step a wide smile on her pretty face.

"Daddy is he here!"

"Yes Charlie" Bruce said happy that his daughter was excited to have someone join there family instead of being angry about it like most children would be. No one wants to share their family but apparently his daughter was something else. Her beautiful little soul just wanted to give love to everyone and he'd be damned if anyone tried to take that piece of her away.

Bruce walked over to the door and opened it a small raven haired boy hoping out looking a little scared but sadness was more prominent in his features. He looked around till he made eye contact with Bruce who gave him a small smile and nodded for him to go inside.

Something intercepted them at the front door. "Hi!" The small girl said happily. The boy looked up shocked not expecting to see the beautiful stranger that had collided with him. He didn't even have to try to remember her name it was embedded in his mind.

"I'm Charlie! I don't know if you remember me..well I hope you do other wise you might have memory loss and that means you probably hit your head when we collided and that would be really ba-"

"Charlie slow down don't scare the boy." Bruce said laughing a bit as he stared at the stunned boy. Something caught his eyes he looked at the kid. Hm he never though himself to be very good at calling what relationships would be great but he shipped them. ( a/n Batman might not ship people but Bruce Wayne sure as hell does! Haha)

The girls sheepishly looked away ringing her hands together giggling a bit while her cheeks reddened.

"My name is Richard... But you can call me Dick..." The boy said quietly.

Smiling triumphantly that she got an answer out of him she hopped over to him taking his hand she pulled him into the house. The young acrobat blushed at the contact but allowed it nonetheless following the young girl.

"What do you like to do for fun?" She asked looking at him still smiling.

The boy stayed quiet for a second then answered back quietly. "Well I like to do acrobatics..."

"Cause you were in the circus, that's like gymnastics! This is so cool we could go in the gym and you can show me all the cool tricks you learned in the circus, that's really awesome you know you being in the circus,"

"Really?" The boy looked up shyly.

"Totally!" A small smile made its way to the boys face. Maybe it wouldn't be so bad staying here after all.

"Come on I want to show you my gym stuff maybe you can show me some of your stuff!" Charlotte said getting more excited. Not waiting for an answer she pulled him along with her to the training room.

This was the start of a beautiful family Alfred thought as he and Bruce watched the children run around the manner to the gym.

Both following with smiles etched on there faces. Following after them they slowly made their way in there finding the two climbing ropes next to each other.

"Now the trick is to make sure you have a strong core," Dick instructed as he took his feet of and rose his small body so that he was horizontal in the air with his arms stretched out holding him.

"Wow! That's awesome! All I can ever do in these ropes is swing, watch," the wall the was closest to her was used as a spring board a few times till she was sailing. Releasing the rope she flipped in the air shortly before landing gracefully on the ground. "Ta da," she said faking a bow.

"That was great, let me try," Dick copied her perfectly landing next to her with a grin that made Charlie smile smugly. He was having a nice time with her and she would make sure he got through all of the dark times. Right then in that little home gym she decided that he would have to deal with her now because he was stuck with the spunky blonde.

---------------------------------------------------

Sorry for not updating sooner guys! I cracked my phone pretty bad so I couldn't really see what I was typing and not a lot of you know this but I have typed all of my books completely on my iPhone. But all is good I just got a new phone and can see my texts now!!!

Hope you liked it!

-27 votes-

-18 comments-

I love you all so much like it's hard to express how grateful I am that you all like this book and have stuck with it! Cheers to everyone who stuck with it since the beginning when I was shady with updates and couldn't write a book to save my life your all amazing!

-comment-

-vote-

-Charlierose-