I love you

Due to Tony's past, he's only heard I love you from two people. Maria, and Rhodey. And he can count the amount of times altogether using only one hand. I was too lazy to search for a picture. Not to mention I have to get up in four hours, and I still haven't slept. So woo, enjoy.

-General POV-

          Tony Stark came from a loveless family, well, there was his mother, Maria, who he always loved more than anything, but between working and just wanting to get away from her husband, Tony didn't actually have a lot of time with her. From the time he could remember to her death, she'd only said 'I love you' three times. Once when he was 10, another when he'd gotten into MIT, and the last time before she went on a drive with Howard, resulting in her death. It's as if she'd known she'd never see her son again, and wanted him to know she loved him, and always would.

          The only other person whose ever told Tony he loved him was Rhodey. His best friend. The first time was when he'd seen Tony for the first time after his time as a prisoner of war in Afghanistan. When he pulled Tony close and held him against himself, shortly after he'd told Tony he loved him, and to never get kidnapped again. Tony explained that that was out of his control, but he'd try for him, and let his best friend carry him back to the chopper. The second time he'd heard Rhodey say it was after the Stark Expo incident with Ivan Vanko. After nearly killing his best friend, and then helping him save, probably, the world. Rhodey thought it was fitting

          Never once though had Tony heard I love you uttered to him in a romantic sense. So it completely caught him off guard when his absolute perfect boyfriend, y'know Steve Rogers, the polar opposite who Tony thinks should want nothing to do with him, said a sweet 'I love you', while hiding a laugh. Tony had crawled his way out of his little patch of the world, a.k.a his workshop, after roughly 3-ish days of no sleep and continuous work. He looked an absolute mess. His hair was pointed every direction but down, topped with welding safety goggles, the dark circles under his eyes looked like a botched smokey-eye makeup job, and he was holding yet another mug of coffee in both hands with a half eaten piece of plain toast hanging out of his mouth.

          Tony held the mug with one hand and used the now free one to grab and hold his toast.
"Excuse me?" He sputtered out
"I love you Tony." Steve said, a little more shy this time as he blushed lightly. And if that wasn't the cutest thing.
Tony stared at him is utter shock and disbelief as he set down the mug and bread, which slowly transferred to welled up tears. Steve rushed over immediately, afraid he crossed some sort of boundary
"Are you okay Tones? I'm sorry, was that too soon?"
"N-no I. No one's... I'm sorry... "
Suddenly it clicked for Steve and he hugged Tony close.
"I'm so sorry Tones. But I do love you. You know that? I love you so much doll. Guess seeing you like this forced it out."
"Seeing me like...what?" He sniffled out
"Seeing the you without a filter. The real you. Not the press you, or the playboy you. Just you. The Tony I fell in love with. I mean yeah, I do wish you'd take care of yourself a lot more, and I plan to help you with that. Whether it's bringing you down meals or dragging you to bed. But I want to do that. Take care of you. Now speaking of which I'd say you haven't slept in... What... 48 hours?"
"Something like that."
Steve the hoisted the smaller man up and over his shoulders
"Well then. Early bedtime for you. Whoever is on your ass about projects can just calm down for at least... 12 hours?"
"12 hours?! Are you serious Steve?!"
And Steve carried Tony back to their shared room, ignoring his boyfriend's whines and protests about missed deadlines and projects.