𝑰 - 𝒎𝒚 𝒋𝒂𝒌𝒆?

ACT ONE

CECILIA'S SOUL WAS GOLDEN

CECILIA'S SOUL WAS GOLDEN. That's what everyone that knew the sixteen year old said — especially her best friend Cherry.

Cecilia would describe her friend like the fruit she's named after. She would tell you that Cherry was a sweet girl, nice and beautiful — most of the times. Sometimes you bite into a cherry with the mindset that a sweet taste would welcome your tongue, but instead you will cringe at the sour liquid erupting in your mouth.

Cherry could be a bitch, Cecilia knew that. But the blonde was her best friend and Cecilia was sure of her loyalty and love for herself.

Said girl sat beside Cecilia on the first day after summer break, turning up the volume of Cecilias Jeep, smiling at the girl that was currently having her eyes on the road.

„Come on Bunny, cheer up a little." Cherry smiled into her reflection soon after that, popping her lipglossed lips and smoothing out her long lashes.

„You know, you should have a makeover, make all the guys fall for you." The blonde smiled, leaning back and turning her head towards her friend once again.

„Jaden included."

Cecilia's head turned towards the girl shortly, eyes quickly focusing on the road again.

„I don't want a makeover, I feel comfortable the way I am." The girl said softly, sending her friend a smile nevertheless.

The blonde frowned slightly, glancing at the outfit the brunette put on.

„Blue jeans and a black hoodie." Cherry spike, trailing off slightly.

„Uh-uh. Blue ripped Jeans." Cecilia corrected, biting her lip, her eyes glued to the parking lot she was heading to.

_____________

WALKING INTO CLASS wasn't as spectacular as Cherry may have liked — but it was a gift to Cecilia. The girl loved the teacher that they were having first, the man being a nice, calm one that saw the talent Cecilia had. The man was the one who talked her into starting to play the cello, a choice Cecilia adored everyday.

The second lunch came around tho, Cecilia dreaded. Walking along her best friend, eyes followed her until they came to a stop infront of the choices of food they had.

While Cherry took her time, inspecting her healthy choices, Cecilia didn't waste her time picking her favorite sandwich and a muffin.

She did however wait for her friend until she chose her food as well, walking over to the table they always sat at.

„What's up sweet stuff." said a familiar voice, making her stomach turn and her eyes widen.
The girl glanced at the boy sitting next to her, mumbling a small hey.

Cherry smiled at the attractive boy, winking at him which went, luckily to her, unnoticed by her best friend. Cherry David knew of her friends Crush, but she also knew that Cecilia was too shy to make a move, and Jaden Conor was a guy that needed to be chased. But sadly, Cecilia was like a tied up cat in Jaden's eyes.

Cherry however was a big flirt, not even stopping when it came to the sake of her best friend. She loved Cecilia, she was like a sister to her seeing as they had practically grown up together, always connected to the hip. But she did find Jaden hot and she did not think Cecilia would find out — after all it was harmless flirting.

„So, what are you doing tomorrow night-" he started but Cecilia quickly interrupted him, eyes going wide. Her lips parted, a shocked expression quickly taking over her angelic features.

„Is that Jake?" She breathed out, eyes focusing on her other best friend.

„Like Jake that had a crush on you?" The girl stuttered, looking at Cherry who was also looking at him like he had wings on his back.

„Like my Jake?" She whispered the last part, sadness overtaking her which didn't went unnoticed by Cherry. The girl frowned, not liking her friend being sad.

Cecilia was quick to stand up, the shock being washed away for a second as she saw Jacob walking into their direction. The girl had one of her fingers still on the table, the rest of her body ready to be engulfed in a big hug, like Jacob always did after not seeing her for a long time.

But instead, the boy walked past her, not even looking at her. She did not catch the way he pressed his lips together in order to stay calm, the way he held back his tears and the way his hands transformed into fists as he tried to not turn around and hug her and tell her everything that happened while she was on vacation.

Cecilia only managed to gasp at his figure that was sat at the table with boys that changed the way he did. The girl noticed Embry Call and Quil Ateara who were also a good friend of hers.

She also saw Jared Cameron and Paul Lahote whom she did not have a connection to. But all of the five guys had one thing in common — they looked everywhere but at the small figure of a confused girl who just wanted to know what the hell just happened.