𝑿𝑽𝑰 - 𝒃𝒖𝒕𝒕𝒆𝒓𝒇𝒍𝒚

ACT SIXTEEN

SETH HAD TALKED to Cecilia about everything and nothing until they had arrived at the mountain Bella had chosen, Jacob and himself coming to a stop just a few meters away from Edward

SETH HAD TALKED to Cecilia about everything and nothing until they had arrived at the mountain Bella had chosen, Jacob and himself coming to a stop just a few meters away from Edward. Bella had instantly ingulfed Edward in a tight hug, Jacobs jaw immediately clenching at the sight while Seth's heart swooned for the couple.

Cecilia had stood close to Seth the whole time, not wanting to be away from his warmth.

Bella looked at Jacob, eyebrows rising in an awkward manner but Cecilia was used to it when being around the Swan girl.

„Thank you." Edward spoke lowly, Cecilia getting goosebumps at the thought of being alone with a vampire, a creature that would be thirsting for hers and Bella's blood the whole night, a cold running up her spine, one which Seth had instantly noticed and stepped closer to the girl, arm against her shoulder. Cecilia had smiled up at him sweetly, and Seth knew that he had already liked the girl so much, he would protect her with his life — he did so with all of his friends.

„You should get back before the storm hits." Bella had said next, Cecilia gulping harshly.

„Or you could stay, like until tomorrow so, uh — I won't be alone when someone attacks." Cecilia had spoken quickly, looking from Edward to Bella to get her point across.

„Edward will be busy protecting Bella." she said innocently, Edward chuckling at her words.

„I'll protect you as well." he spoke quietly, his voice making Cecilia even more anxious.

„No I'm staying. You'll need my connection to the pack to keep knowing what's going on." he spoke, and in the moment Cecilia had breathed out quietly, her throat was starting to hurt from the coldness of the air she was breathing in.

„You're not gonna fight?" Bella had asked shocked and Cecilia sent her a glare, hating how she kept treating Jacob as if he should be everywhere but near her.

„Seth will fill me in the morning." he explained, Seth speaking up as if it was his cue to talk.

„Not happy about missing the action but Sam and Leah say it'll keep me out of trouble." He said, Cecilia noticing how her heart had instantly felt lighter, feeling safer by each passing second.

BELLA SWAN WAS FREEZING, stuttering in the tent where she laid with Edward watching her, a painful expression marking his face. He was uncomfortable with her endlessly freezing, teeth clattering against teeth and her nose running from the cold she was getting.

Cecilia was laying outside , her head pressed to Jacobs chest as his arms wrapped around her frame, the whole purpose being to keep her safe. The night was still, Jacob entering the tent after a while with Cecilia, the pair laying next to Bella to warm the girl up. Cecilia was fast asleep when the pair had formed a conversation, Bella being so too.

The rest of the night went by fast and peaceful, both girls being able to get that much sleep to wake up by themselves.

It was time for Jacob to switch parts with Seth, the wolf standing in front of the tent the second Cecilia had put on Paul's hoodie, the fabric smelling exactly like him, in a way that scarred the girl.

Why doe I know what he smells like. She thought.

And why does it bring me such comfort.

She did know that it was because of the imprint — and maybe the extreme love she had built up for the man over the last month of seeing him. He was perfection to her and she adored the way Nathan would always ask about him. He liked the boy better than Jacob, his reasoning being that Paul hadn't hurt his sister yet, whereas Jacob did.

„Seth." she nodded to him, smile gracing the girls lip as he was sending her a smile, which looked more like a dog panting but she knew what he meant.

His wolf was beautiful, the most unique looking one of the entire pack, Leah's being a close second to that. The clearwaters were seemingly blessed with beauty, no matter if human or wolf.

Her heart would always take a skip when standing infront of a wolf, warmth filling her stomach. It wasn't because of fear, not anymore — more because she felt so much happiness and was becoming to emotional when seeing animals and general, and the gigantic wolves where the ones with the most effect.

However, as soon as a cold one got into the scene, her skin would crawl slightly, anxiety rising up higher than ever.

It was what happened when Edwards entered, Seth pouting when he noticed the discomfort he brung Paul's imprint.

„Where is Jacob, did already —" Bella had started, voice as soft as usual and her hair being prettier than usual to Cecilia.

„Not yet." Edward hat interrupted, irritating Cecilia a bit.

Have respect, let her speak. She thought, embarrassed when she realized that he could hear her thought and if it disturbed the vampire, he didn't show it.

„He's checking to see if the woods are clear before he goes." he explained, coming closer to Isabella, and somehow Cecilia felt as if he was lying.

He would have taken me with him. She thought again, not even caring anymore that he heard her, annoyed at how he was serving the older girl lies.

Seth was quickly gone, jumping over a couple of rocks and Cecilia excused herself quickly to follow the wolf, Seth awaiting her on the other side of it already.

When she climbed down, he was finally putting his gaze somewhere else, obviously cringing at the words Bella and Edward were speaking, Cecilia oblivious to Jacob arriving again, now knowing about the proposal Bella had accepted.

She furrowed her eyebrows when Bella's voice sounded again, yelling for Jacob to stop.

And when Cecilia had turned around to watch the drama unfold, Seth had pulled back her arm softly with his snout, telling her to stay without using his words.

Cecilia listened.

And after a while of sitting in silence — Seth playing carefully with a butterfly that had landed on his nose — the pair had suddenly gone to Edward and Bella, the pair now standing infront of eachother awkwardly.

The fight had started.