𝑿𝑰𝑰𝑰 - 𝑰 𝒍𝒐𝒗𝒆 𝒚𝒐𝒖

ACT THIRTEEN

CECILIAS HANDS WERE sweating the second her eyes landed on the pale faces of lifeless humans — if she could even call them that

CECILIAS HANDS WERE sweating the second her eyes landed on the pale faces of lifeless humans — if she could even call them that. She was coming to a stop infront of a field where seven vampires and one human were standing and awaiting them. The brunette was surrounded by wolves, Jacob standing to her left and Paul to her right. Both of the boys were extremely protective of Cecilia, even the youngest of the shapeshifters uncomfortable by a new human coming to be infront of hungry vampires.

The girl felt save tho, Paul being close to her side, her side completely hidden by his fur. Cecilia watched as a blonde man came up to talk, his golden eyes quickly finding the brown ones of the brunette.

„They don't trust us enough to come here in their human forms." he spoke lowly, his voice making Cecilia gulp. She glanced at Bella who was sending her a small smile.

„They came." another one spoke, an older man with a lighter color then the previous one.

„That's what matters. Will you translate?" he asked, his gaze focused on the boy that spoke earlier. He was stood by Bella's side, just slightly moving from her when he started to do what the man had told him.

Jacob had walked forward to greet Bella, a thing that still didn't sit right with Cecilia but she knew that she had to let go of Jacob. She had forgiven him but he was so over Bella he did forget about Cecilia. She accepted the fact that she was now second place.

Her gaze went to the older man again when he spoke to the wolves, eyes focusing every now and then on Cecilia.

„Welcome," he started.

„Jasper has some experience with newborns, knows how to defeat them." he explained, the wolves just starring at him, none of them making a sound.

The other one raised his voice next and the way he had stood next to Bella, both of their bodies seemingly needing the other, he seemed to be Edward.

Edward Cullen had — of course — heard the girls thoughts and smiled to himself at the words of hers. Her mind was innocent, he could hear it and Jasper Hale — who was blessed and cursed with the gift of having the feels of others — could also feel how safe and at the same time anxious she felt.

„They wanna know how the newborns are different from us." his voice sounded like angels singing to her ears and if it wasn't for her type of men, she would understand what makes Bella so drawn to the man.

Cecilia was drifting off the more they spoke, not because it wasn't interesting her, but because Paul had felt so incredibly warm against her skin, she felt like she just wanted to cuddle into him forever.

She had watched the vampires fight for a while, just around an hour until Paul had nudged her arm and she followed him into the woods. 

They were walking around for a while, all of the other wolves going to Sam and Emily's house to leave the newfound lovers alone.

Cecilia glanced towards Paul, taking in the beauty of his wolf and when he looked at her, she realized how his eyes looked so human, just like he was when he wasn't turned. Cecilia had to admit that she was in love with the man — Paul had always been.

„You know, I'm really grateful that you are so —" Cecilia thought about the choice of her words, not wanting to sound too cheesy but wanting to express her feelings.

„Much." she spoke, furrowing her eyebrows after saying that but Paul found it funny. He let out a small huff and Cecilia was sure that if he was human, it would've been a laugh.

„I really like you, and at first I doubted I could." she smiled, Paul looking her into the eye, his eyes looking so human in his wolf form that it took Cecilia in, it was an intimate moment and even tho the girl usually hated those, this one was one she wanted to last forever.

But luck wasn't on their side, as Paul's ears suddenly stood up, the fur on his neck doing the same and Cecilia was aware of why it happened as she turned around and was instantly met with red eyes. Paul had pushed the girl out of the way with a lot of force, Cecilia crushing against a rock, blood seeping out of her temple instantly and in a second of being distracted with the redhead, another vampire was already by Cecilia's side. The girl gasped loudly, trying to crawl away backwards as the vampire just smiled at her.

„Please, don't." she cried, Paul's head whiping backwards to glance at what was happening to her.

His eyes focused on the girl, his body instantly running towards her and killing the vampire in just a few seconds but while he did that, he did not notice how Victoria hat taken ahold of Cecilia's head and stood behind her, her throat in the woman's hand. And when Paul finally turned around and had seen the scene, eyes meeting those of Cecilia. The girl had her mind on Paul, trying to calm herself down by looking into his eyes. Hers were squinted and she was whimpering when Victoria sniffled the wound on her head and when the howls of wolves sounded, she ran away.

She had let the girl on the ground, Cecilia landing on her butt with a loud thud, her hand instantly coming over her mouth to stop a scream from coming out. The girl shut her eyes with a force, her breaths being the deepest ones she ever took. Her voice sounded so scared, that it made Paul regret the imprint for just a split second, thinking that if he hadn't had met her, she wouldn't be in this place. Paul instantly turned back to his human form, not caring that he was not covered anywhere.

He rushed to the girl in seconds, sitting down next to her and pulling her into his grasp.

„It's okay, I'm here." he spoke.

„I love you."