𝑿𝑰𝑽 - 𝒎𝒂𝒏𝒍𝒚 𝒃𝒖𝒔𝒊𝒏𝒆𝒔𝒔

ACT FOURTEEN

AFTER PAUL HAD told Cecilia that he loved her, she hadn't said anything, just stood up slightly onto her knees to throw herself at the naked man

AFTER PAUL HAD told Cecilia that he loved her, she hadn't said anything, just stood up slightly onto her knees to throw herself at the naked man. The other wolves had caught the scene, quickly giving the pair privacy and trying to chase after Victoria. Her chin was laying on his shoulder, her face crunching up in pain when she started to calm down. Blood was seeping out of her wound, dripping down onto Paul's back but he did not care, only holding her head to his chest.

He had planted a kiss onto her head, a silent tear escaping his eye at the fury he had felt and the anger towards himself for pushing Cecilia so harshly.

„You don't have to say anything, I just wanted to let you know." he had whispered, a second after Embry had appeared with a pair of shorts for Paul and a shirt — tho Paul had only pressed the shirt against Cecilia's wound, trying to stop the bleeding just a bit.

Paul had carried Cecilia back to her home — the boy now standing in shorts infront of the Quinn Resident.

Tho when her father opened the door and had seen his shirt against her bleeding head, he was thankful for the half clothed boy on their porch.

„Cecilia." her father had breathed out, instantly rushing to her side and exclaiming her wound.

„I'll bring her inside." Paul had said, eyes holding pure sadness and anger. Something inside of the man had told him to yell at the boy, yell at him for not protecting his daughter. But he had not known what happened and his soul was similar to Cecilia's, one of pure gold and love.

After Paul had put the girl down, her father instantly knelt beside her, pulling out bandages and alcohol to clean her head.

„What happened?" he had asked softly, glancing at a worried Paul every now and then.

„A bear attacked her and I pushed her out of the way. He had gone away after a while so it was all a big misunderstanding." the shapeshifter explained, starring at Cecilia with pain filled eyes tho the girl only shot him a smile.

Three heads had turned when the small steps were heard, the door creaking just slightly as the woman stepped in that seemingly heard the conversation. Cecilia could have seen the pain in her mother's eyes, the woman not one to show emotions openly so she tried to hide it.

She smiled at Paul, showing of a set of perfectly straight and white teeth and with the woman smiling at him, the boy could see the resemblance Cecilia and her had. She had the same hair and face as her mother, only difference was Cecilia being shorter.

„it's not your fault, thank you Paul. You can stay for dinner if you want to." the woman spoke, Paul instantly glancing to Cecilia as if to ask for approval at which the woman just smiled. It reminded her of her own relationship with Cecilia's father, the man doing everything just to make her happy.

Cecilia smiled at him and nodded, her father now fixing the bandage over her forehead.

„Yes, thank you." he spoke, the politeness in his voice making Cecilia chuckle.

„Is Nathan there?" Cecilia had asked instantly after, realisation hitting here that he had his first training of soccer in a new club. Her mother nodded sadly, arms folding over her chest and Cecilia instantly understood.

„He's upstairs." she spoke.

Cecilia had grabbed Paul's hand quickly, walking upstairs with him and leaving him to stand in the beginning of the hallway.

„Just stay here for a second." she said, quickly jogging to stand a few doors away from Paul, softly knocking on the door where in blue letters of the name Nate hang.

„What?" his voiced sounded and Cecilia could easily filter his anger out.

The girl opened the door, closing it after entering and sat next to her brother whose feet were dangling off the bed.

„What happened?" the girl said frowning as she caught the boy sobbing just slightly.

„I was right I swear! And then he pushed me and now they hate me." he said, voice filled with sadness.

Cecilia thought for a moment, not knowing quite what to say to the six year old.

„Well maybe try talking to — " she started but he quickly interrupted.

„You don't understand, you're a girl. This is manly business okay?" he exclaimed, hands in the air to dramatize his outburst.

Cecilia would always have said something against what the boy just said but she understood his point. She was a girl, she did not understand what it meant for a six year old to be hated because he was a better soccer player.

„Then why don't you talk to dad?" she asked, voice rising just slightly at the sadness that overtook her due to seeing her brother in such a state.

„He has never played sports he — he reads books." he exclaimed again, hands coming up to touch his forehead. Cecilia would usually laugh now, that much was sure. Her brother was the most dramatic young man ever. Cecilia thought about Paul for a second, knowing that the man would be able to understand better than her and her father would. But on the other side, the boy didn't know Paul and she didn't know if Paul would be willing to do that.

The girl starred at her brother, humming sadly when his hands were coming up to cover his eyes, sobs leaving his mouth.

They had similarities, that much was sure ; Paul saw one when he appeared in the doorway and both of their eyes found his body at the exact same second with the exact same look in their eyes.

„You can talk to me, I love soccer, man." He spoke, hands clapping together awkwardly, a big smile gracing his lips.

Nathan thought that Paul looked funny standing there, tho it did not change the tears falling down his cheeks. He thought about it for a moment, juggling with his choices in his mind before he nodded his head. The next thing Paul said, made Cecilia chuckle lowly.

„Alright, Cecilia could you please leave me and Nathan alone?"