𝑿𝑽 - 𝒑𝒓𝒆-𝒊𝒎𝒑𝒓𝒊𝒏𝒕

ACT FIFTEEN

IT HAD BEEN DAYS ever since Paul had talked to Nathan, Cecilia still oblivious to their conversation — tho happy that the man she loved had formed a bond with her brother

IT HAD BEEN DAYS ever since Paul had talked to Nathan, Cecilia still oblivious to their conversation — tho happy that the man she loved had formed a bond with her brother. She had left them alone, only hearing muffled sounds and every now and then, a small giggle from her brother.

The words dude, bro and the hell were still ringing in her ears hours later, those being seemingly used a lot in the shifters vocabulary. When he had walked out, Cecilia was surprised by Nathan fist bumping Paul before skipping down the stairs — no sign of him crying just fifteen minutes before aside from the puffiness and the red blended along his lower lashline.

Dinner was great, she could feel the effort Paul made with her family and it went well, even tho her mother showed herself strictly.

„So, I'm sure Cecilia had told you about how our life works." she spoke, watching Paul intently as he swallowed his chicken, liking his finger clean after.

His eyes whidened for a second, glancing at Cecilia helplessly. The woman watched him, carefully taking in every detail.

Cecilia's father had felt the tension in the air, raising his glass to take a sip of his water, eyebrows raising when he started talking.

His hand raised up, dramatizing his speech even more.

„I'm sure they hadn't talked about it yet, they have known for less than a month." he said, Paul nodding with a sharp gulp, just slightly anxiety rising up.

„I've told you first thing, Cecilia should have as well." she spoke, looking her daughter in the eye, Cecilia nodding quickly.

„Yes mama, you're right, my fault." she excused herself, softly looking Paul in the eye afterwards whom was already watching her with interested eyes.

„We're really religious." Cecilia explained, eyebrows risen up and her head tilting to the side.

„We're muslims." she finished, chewing on another fork full of rice, her mother nodding proudly.

Paul watched her mother's every move, the woman clearing her throat when Paul smiled at Cecilia lovingly, her voice breaking them out of their thoughts.

„We also believe in sex after marriage." Caroline said, Cecilia choking on the food in her mouth and Pauls fork dropping alongside the one of Cecilia's fathers.

„Mom what the— you can't say stuff like that, we're not even, together yet." Cecilia quickly rambled, hands covering her red cheeks, the girl eyes whide as she looked onto her plate in pure embarrassment.

„I'm just making sure Paul knows what we believe in. He's a great young man, I'm sure he isn't offended, are you." she spoke, pointing at Paul lightly with her flat hand, him softly nodding, not knowing what to say. The rest of the dinner went better, Cecilia answering the questions Paul had and him taking in every detail of it — until it was time to go and get ready for the newborn army, for Cecilia the time to stay awake the night, wondering if she would ever see Paul again.

The fight was close, Cecilia on her way to the high of the mountains with Jacob, Edward and Bella. Paul had been hesitant, not wanting Cecilia to be with the bloodsucker, but he knew — and hoped that Jacob would protect her, Seth — that had changed after Harry Clearwater's death — continuing that later on.

„If you want me to, I'll come with you." Paul had said to which Cecilia had only shaken her head.

„You need to fight." she said softly, caressing his cheek shortly.

He smiled down at her, planting a soft kiss onto the small of her forehead. Cecilia was dressed warmly, clothes picked out by Paul Lahote himself. A shirt of hers, the thickest hoody Paul owned and topped with the biggest jacket of his. She did not feel cold at all, and she was sure that she wouldn't later on.

He wanted to tell her he loved her, wanted to hold her and never let her go, but he knew she needed to go away before the newborns could have caught sight of her. She was in so much danger because of him, and he was determined to eliminate the danger today.

Her small feet were dangling a meter and a half above the ground, her small hands holding onto the back of Seth Clearwaters neck tightly. He was younger than the others but his body wasn't practically less strong. He carried Cecilia without showing a sign of exhaustion and Cecilia knew that she would fall asleep tired after walking up a just a mountain and the fifteen year old carried a girl and walked mountain after mountain with ease.

„You know out of the entire pack, you're my favorite, uh wolf I guess." Cecilia said, Seth surprised by her finally talking to him, the pair not having spoken a word to each other since they started walking.

Seth giggled, looking into Cecilia's eyes with joy.

„What about Paul?" he laughed, Cecilia smiling just slightly at the mention of his name.

„I like him the most, you're the nicest tho." she explained, Seth humming in response, seemingly thinking about his next question.

His left hands fingers tapped against the back of her knees, suddenly stopping when he thought of what words to say.

„What about Jacob?" he said proudly tho Cecilia quickly shook her head looking behind Seth to watch him being ingulfed in a conversation with Bella.

„He's Bella's favorite. You can't change my mind, I've chosen you." she joked, Seth laughing even louder in response.

Their laughter had died after a minute, Seths face crunching up in thought.

His voice was soft when he spoke again, Cecilia's eyes whidening when he did.

„I think I am gonna imprint soon, Sam said it's a thing called pre- imprint." he said, Cecilia being the one to be speechless this time.

„Well, that's great, isn't it?" she asked, Seth shaking his head slightly.

„Paul hates himself because he imprinted on you, you're in danger because of him, you know?"