𝑿 - 𝒇𝒓𝒖𝒔𝒕𝒓𝒂𝒕𝒆𝒅

ACT TEN

CECILIA COULD HAVE sworn that she could hear her heart break the second Paul had rejected her

CECILIA COULD HAVE sworn that she could hear her heart break the second Paul had rejected her. A week ago he had said that he did not know how he would handle her rejecting the imprint and now he had rejected her.

Paul could have sword he was starting to float in the middle of the classroom the second Cecilia's lips were pressed against his — his mind going overboard with emotions.

But the second he realized what was happening, Paul felt like he was taking advantage of Cecilia's current state, the anxiety making her kiss him — the boy thinking she didn't truly want it. Jacob also had mentioned how she was never really into anyone unless the Jaden boy, a fact that made Paul frown as he realized he was ruining Cecilia's first kiss — tho it was too late as he already had taken ahold of Cecilia's shoulders to push her back lightly, his hands not leaving the place in fear of her shattering.

The girls cheeks instantly paled down, her eyes whider and mouth gaping. The only thing she could feel was embarrassment, everything that had happened the last days blurred out as she watched Paul say her name over and over again in hopes to erase the bad emotions her brain made her have.

„Sorry, I misunderstood your feelings." was the only thing she could say as she climbed off the table to land on shaking legs.

„Cecilia please." Paul begged, jaw clenching at the sight of his imprint leaving the room with her head hanging low.

Paul wanted to fall onto his knees, yell her name and just kiss everything he could on his imprint — but he knew he fucked up, that she was hurt because of him. He was supposed to protect her and now, he was the reason that she wanted to just disappear into the ground.

The boy looked for her the whole day, only seeing her turn and avoid him when his eyes met hers — Paul not having any classes with her which was much to his dismay that day.

For Cecilia tho — her day was even worse. She would eat lunch alone in the girls restroom, too embarrassed to look Paul into his eyes again, to see Jacob after Paul would have told him about the encounter they had earlier. In class she would get this lonely feeling that had hurt her more times than enough the previous week and a half. The amount of emotions the felt the few hours of school were unbelievable, seeing Cherry also adding to it.

She was hurt and did not know what to do next — that was until Bella called her.

The girl felt her phone ringing the second her feet tapped against the mat of her car, Cecilia looking around to see if Paul was making his way to her car, only picking up the phone when she did not catch his eye.

„Hello?" Cecilia asked quietly, whispering as if Paul could hear her if she spoke too loud.

„Hey Cecilia, it's me uh — Bella. I was wondering if you got time to talk, everything's getting to me lately." the swan girl stuttered, an action that did not shock Cecilia anymore — she knew how awkward the girl was. The fact that she even called however, it made Cecilia frown. One part of her was annoyed at the fact that Bella had gotten in the way of Jacob and her — that she was taking her place while she was out of town.

The other part tho, knew that Bella did not know her personally then and that she could not tell Cecilia the things she wanted to know.

„Whats wrong?" Cecilia asked her friend, taking a sip of her tee she bought twenty minutes ago, cringing at the coldness it held within.

„Edward isn't telling me everything that I need to know. Like, did you know that Paul and Emmett got into a fight a few days ago?" the brunette exclaimed. Bella was getting fed up with the situation with Victoria wanting to kill her and on top of that, she did not enjoy the way Edward and Jacob were acting. It was like she was just a prize and they were fighting for not herself — but their pride and the feeling of winning. She sometimes caught herself thinking that maybe they just used her to fight the other one — both being enemies for centuries.

„No I did not know that." Cecilia mumbled, a slight bit of sadness coming to wash over her as she wondered why Paul would not tell her such an information. She did not know why he would, but she was starting to feel like he did not want the imprint anymore and she felt like her heart was breaking all over again at the thought. She saw the way Emily and Sam were happy, even overheard Paul saying how many wolves are waiting and wishing for their imprint to come along, and yet she felt like as if Paul didn't want her.

Anger overtook her, the girl growing frustrated as she hated the feeling of madness, the way her cheeks were burning and her fists were clenching. She was confused and did not like how she was constantly feeling bad emotions ever since she came back to La Push.

She quickly closed her car, quickly catching Paul's eyes. He was stood in the middle of the parking lot, already starring at Cecilia with furrowed eyebrows and Cecilia quickly realized that he was listening to her and Bella.

„Hey Bella I'll hang up, I will call you sometimes." she quickly said, her sight not moving from Paul's body.

Bella quickly agreed, hanging up and leaving Cecilia and Paul to a stare off that held millions of emotions. They were mad at themselves for not working out their relationship how they wanted to, for the stress they were both dealing with and the love they had for another. It was only a bit over a week when they met, but Cecilia already felt for him like she never felt for another.

And as if Paul could hear her thoughts, he walked towards her and got into the passenger seat of her car.