chapter two

it was another day.

same thing, same old.

i had just finished all my house chores and i still felt very energized. i groaned at myself for not having anything else to do. it was only 2! i felt like i had too much time on my hands for a weekend.

i called travis. it took him a second to reply. "hey! wassup?"

"hey traves," i said as i sat up from my laying position, "you and coop home?"

"awh im sorry y/n, me, coopie and noah are out right now." i could hear his disappointment. "we're not getting home till late. carson is streaming right now though, call him."

i hummed a little. "okay, i think i'll do that. tell cooper and noah i said hi. have a good time!"

"you too y/n!" and with that, travis ended the call.

i stood up and ran to my bedroom, instantly getting onto discord and onto carson's live. he was playing jackbox with his friends. i first dmed him before joining in the discord chat.

y/t/n: hey carson is it alright if i join in on your stream?

y/t/n: like play jackbox with you guys

it took him a little to respond. i waited anxiously, watching the stream as carson typed back a response.

callmecarson: yeah go ahead here's the game invite 2jfj9v443

y/t/n: epic

i waited till the next round of the game before joining the game and discord chat.

the people who were playing were carson, charlie, josh, mason, schlatt, junky and joe. okay, it wasn't too bad but still nerve-wracking. i barely knew these people!

i stayed quiet as i let everyone else converse, waiting for the next game to start. after a little more, charlie brought me to the spotlight. "wait, who the hell is this carson?"

i could feel my face heating up. carson spoke for me. "this is y/n. she's going to be playing with us."

"wow carson, a gamer girl? can we get some humminahs in chat, please?" schlatt said. i laughed audibly as i checked carson's stream. sure enough, chat was doing exactly what schlatt wanted.

"wait a minute," josh said, "is she that girl from instagram? the one travis really likes? the fuck?"

i laughed a bit more. "what the hell is that supposed to mean? i've talked to you before!"

"ladies, ladies," charlie spoke up, "we all love you the same, no need to fight over popularity."

i resisted my snort before shouting loudly into my mic, trying to mimic ninja, "the fuck did you say to me you little shit?!" i got a collective laugh from the group of boys. i felt proud.

---

after quite a while of us playing primarily jackbox, carson finally decided to end his stream. we stayed to chat for a while but we started to leave the call one by one.

for me, it was surprising. i felt so happy around them and i felt like i fit in with them. they were great.

soon enough when it was only me, schlatt and carson, i decided it was my time to leave. it was already 6. "alright, think it's time for me to head out. you guys wanna play something later this week though?"

"i mean, i'm definitely down. you're really chill." schlatt replied. carson agreed.

i smiled even though they couldn't see it. "okay, great! have a good rest of your day guys. bye." i heard their goodbyes before leaving.