chapter thirty

i groaned audibly as i waited outside my bathroom with my clean towel slung over my shower. what the hell could be causing schlatt taking so long? i heard the water in the shower turn off way long before.

i knocked on his door. "schlatt! what are you doing in there?!" i shouted. "i hope you know i need to shower as well!"

he said a couple of curse words and took a couple of seconds to give me a proper response. "i'm combing my muttonchops!"

i took a second to fully take that in. i was so confused. "what? what mutton chops- just get out here!"

"sideburns! what, you don't like them?"

"i don't care, jschlatt!" i exclaimed back at him. even though i was very upset, i still saved him the dignity of saying his first name.

"well come in if you wanna see my dick as well." he unlocked the door for me.

i could feel myself heat up. "tempting, schlatt," i was able to muster before quickly walking to the kitchen to get myself a cold water. his flirting- or was it even flirting?- always got to me, even after us beginning to date.

he gasped loudly. "oh my god, you're so mean," he said before leaving the restroom fully clothed. "i hope you know i was joking. anyways, restrooms open."

oops. i chuckled quietly. "right, okay."

---

"wait, which place did you pick again?" i asked as i put my wet hair in a loose, semi-high ponytail.

he got his ass off the couch and showed me some restaurant downtown on his phone. "i don't know, aren't you the expert of san diego?"

i nodded slightly and put on my coat but stared at the coat rack for a second. "did-" i questioned myself before looking at schlatt. "did i not leave my- wait, where is my car keys?"

schlatt stared back at me like i was delusional before something clicked in his head. "oh, right!" he dashed back into my bedroom and gave me my keys.

i raised my eyebrow at him but took it. "explanation?"

he smiled shyly. "well i might've taken your car joyriding last night-"

"huh?"

he put his hand over my mouth. "let me finish! i couldn't sleep last night so i went driving around in your car and might've seen something." he reached into his pocket and took out a purple version of his pink camera that was slung around his neck. "suprise?"

i smiled happily and took the camera out of his hands. it was so sweet and small, i felt so scared to break it, even though i just got it. "thank you so much schlatt, it's super cute. i love it."

he smiled even brighter than me and gave me a gentle kiss on the lips while i slung my arms around his neck.

we could've easily gone for too long but i pushed myself off of him for a second. "hold on, let me take a photo of you," i state. he posed for me as i squinted my eye through the small looking glass and took a couple of photos.

we went through the photos together and i giggled quietly. he's too adorable. he pointed to a decent photo of himself. "wow, i look good!"

i laughed at him, "of course you do, sweetheart." he raised his eyebrow at the name calling but i took his hand and led him to my car. "don't think about it, let's just go eat. i'm starving."

"of course, sweetheart," he mocked me as he went into the passenger's seat.

i rolled my eyes as i started to follow the directions on schlatt's phone. "oh, choke on your spit."