chapter twelve

i woke up to the sound of someone ringing my doorbell repeatedly. i groaned as i got off the couch and answered the door. my brother instantly barged in without me even taking in that he was there. "i- alexander what are you doing?" i asked as i closed the door. he showed me the tweet of schlatt and i together. "oh..."

"what the hell?! i'm your brother and i find out you're dating a guy on social media?!" he shouted at me. i tried to shush him as i knew that schlatt was still asleep. "what the fuck? do you have no common sense?"

i sighed. he really did have a point. "you're right, alex, and i'm really sorry-"

alex cut me off. "i don't fucking care, i don't think you have anything to clear this up with."

i shook my head but before i could speak, schlatt had come into the situation. i cringed slightly as i knew that this would make things worse. "hey, what's going on?"

my brother widened his eyes at me. "and you guys are already sleeping together?"

"no! no no no! it's not like that! he just slept over," i instantly replied with, shaking my hands worriedly.

schlatt looked at him with confusion before something clicked. "ohh, you're y/n's brother, huh?" he asked but mostly to himself. "yeah, what the fuck is your deal with y/n and what she does?"

i put schlatt's hand into mine. "schlatt, please don't make this worse."

"i'm just trying to protect her, she's my fucking sister. i don't want her dating some shithead," he responded angrily.

i replied before schlatt could. "okay, okay, what else did you want to be here for? you found out i have a boyfriend and i have nothing to clarify why i didn't tell you. are you satisfied? i don't want you to have a fight in my goddamn house."

alex huffed and kept on glaring at schlatt. "whatever, fine, but you better not come crying to me if he does something." he stomped out of the house as i locked the door behind him.

i hugged schlatt and dug my face deep in his chest, feeling his comfort to calm me down from my anger. "so, alex. that's your brother?" i could hear him ask.

"yeah, well alexander, but i swear to god he's not actually that aggressive. i don't know why he needed to be such a bitch today," i said to defend him, although i didn't feel like doing so. even if he was my family, i didn't want to defend him for being a shitty person today.

schlatt nodded and kissed the top of my head softly. it calmed me down enough to where i loosened my grip around his torso and looked up at him with a small smile. i wanted him to kiss me, but we got out of our hug and went back to the couch to chill. it was only 8 on a saturday so we didn't have anything planned early.

after a long time of us just watching a tv show and eating a quick mediocre breakfast, i decided that we should actually get ready to go over to carson's. "we should probably start to get ready. do you want to take a shower? i'll probably take a while."

schlatt paused the show and nodded. "yeah, if you don't mind."

"not at all." i explained to him quickly how to use the shower and what are the actual body washes and shampoos, as i had a lot of products. i gave him a towel before he went to go take his shower.

after around 30 minutes, he came out with his wet hair being scrubbed by his towel. i smiled at how wavy the brunette's hair was before i kissed him on the cheek and went ahead to take my own shower.

once i had finished everything that i needed to do in the morning, i took our towels and set them up to dry in the restroom. we headed out as schlatt texted carson that we were coming over.