III

Roughly seventeen minutes later.

Standing in position in front of their squad lead, Cassidy scanned through the posture and stillness the teenagers presented as they waited for their devoir. Trying not to let their curiosity kill their demeanor, they avoided peering too long at the weapons to lessen the time needed for them to stay in arrangement. Cassidy took one light step at a time around the formation, hoping to catch one of them out of array. As the instances withdrew, the sergeant was impressed by the restraint they had, even for young adults.

"Your armor sets are placed at the back most row, on the blue podiums that are left of the red ones." He beckoned. At short notice, a fragment of their impatience got to them and their frozen disposition crippled. "Down." Cassidy smirked in disappointment, hearing their sighs of distaste as the clique fell to their arms. "You're letting your heated impatience perforate your cultivation. Don't let your emotions guide you, they'll only force you into unnecessary choices!" He asserted, watching them as their vehemence deviate into aggravation.

Miles, one of the few who leaned over to the vulnerability of acrimony, strived to persuade his strength to resist the pain inflicted on his organization. Gently he calmed himself, reducing the pressure of the susceptibility that his ardor embraced. He took a breath at a time, discerning those that were keen to displeasure.

"The weapons you select now won't only determine your strengths and importance on the field," Cassidy chuckled mockingly, "it will also establish the person you are when you leave this encampment!" He remarked earnestly, following with a dead silence. Cassidy was trained to help and ensure that the kids were indirectly conscious to their kinship, without revealing their profound nature to them. "We are permitting the liberty of you all being able to personalize your armor in hopes to give you an attachment with your new life."

Cassidy kept them in position a few more seconds longer, trusting that his message is nailed to their concepts. And so it did, offering them sanctuary in a place they still thought of as hell on earth. "Up." He concluded. All of them rose to their feet, masquerading their rootless limbs to attention.

His eyes glanced at each face, from Cody's, to Vaughn's. Only one thing was comparable between each unparalleled grimace; they hid their torment with ease. It was probably something that the earliest of the Enhanced had to endure with. Their dawn was in a time where people would throw away broken commodities. Their descent will be in a time where people fix them. These teenagers have lived a undisturbed life for their ascent. Now they were going to live in a war that began decades ago.

"I don't know each one of you personally yet, but I know that you are all capable of changing the world." Cassidy admitted, "And it will all start on this very floor." He shot his finger down to the floor. His persistence wasn't going to fade on them, an act of dauntlessness that will tinder a flame so bright even the bleak frost of winter will melt under its ferocity. "When I give you the authority, select the weapon model and the one that is most definitive to you." He instructed, "Then select the secondary weapon you seek, retrieve the armor set with your name and return to me." He ended, having no reply from the group.

Cassidy waited for a moment and shook his head with discontent, relieving himself with a sigh. "Your primary and secondary weapon choice will affect the focus on your training. So, choice of weapon isn't as strict. Meaning you all will be separated into different subgroups and will be trained as such." He clarified with importance, "Platoon training will not be affected." He affixed, pausing another moment. This time their discipline was more pristine, impressing Cassidy once again even if he didn't show it. "Dismissed." He let loose with a smile, seeing the kids walk over and began searching.

Turning his back round to the pedestals behind, Cassidy quickly observed that Katherine didn't move from her position to the weapons. Returning to his original facet, he observed as she stood at ease with her eyes lining up to his. "You should be engrossed in your decisions.. Over there, Cadet Adair." He advised, "Not back here."