X

Their attention to each other veered away and towards their sergeant, who've just arrived. Quickly forging their stance at registration, those who sat atop their bunks relinquished their position and leveled on the ground with their debark relieving a collective burst of sound. Those who laid below slithered from their rest and up to complete the line of cadets they made on either side. Cassidy adjourned himself for a second in delay to ready themselves up, seeing meager flaws in their attempt. Without question, he stood, too, in attention and had his decision on their corresponding roles memorized.

A half-second or so after, they all stood in silence as the sergeant walked down the row and towards one of the oblique tables at the rearward end of the barracks. Alongside being circular blocks that they could use for maintenance on their secondaries, it also acted as a data panel that could only be accessed by the sergeant. Presumably for role assignment, Miles thought. 

They began to adjust their peering, following Cassidy with every inch he moved. Apart from noticing the hidden panel within the slab of stone that the sergeant was going to reveal, Miles couldn't help but also regard Clea in his peripheral. Her hair was tied into a messy bun, strands of her locks veining over front of her ears and the rest curled behind. Not only did the event prior affect him and Katherine, but it likewise struck a nerve. Clea, like Katherine had been in complete silence since the fight happened. All her thoughts were wrapped in place similarly as her hair was.

Her eyes rumbled about, shaking away from having Miles in her peripheral. She'd rather not think about it now, especially when her feelings for Leon dwindled with every moment she spent there. On the contrary, Miles interactions with Lily the past few days implied to her that he was slowly doing the same for Amelia. It belted her to have to know that as Leon faded, Miles took his place. But it wasn't the right time to tell him that.

And then there was Cody, who smirked with his bright, white teeth as he watched Miles and Clea doubt their inevitable emotional attachment to one another. It was a fun life.

Cassidy unlocked the unseen portion of the console, uncovering the upward tilted screen before facing back to his cadets. "Ignoring what had happened earlier this day, none of which effects the overall placement, I will begin to read out your roles and assign them on the console." He started, Katherine and Miles trying their best to avoid eye-contact. "Once recorded into the system, your training will be carried out differently from tomorrow on, in accordance to the roles I have chosen for you." He paused, "Understand?"

The cadets responded a nod with ease, all prepared and having made peace with the possible choices that they were to be given. Cassidy nodded reassuringly, turning back round to type in the first four. The Carriers. "As obvious as the group may be, please don't think that I chose you into being Carriers because the four of you are idiots." He mentioned. "Curiously enough, you four have shown to be very pristine and perceptive troopers so far." He added in compliment. Looking back down to the panel, he said the names in a quick order, "Aiden, Trevor, Aspen and Vaughn." 

After the names had been said, the quadriad smirked in a harmonized symphony. Cassidy circled his eyes, hearing their quiet snickers. "Next," He followed, "the two finest Medicants that I could've ever hoped to put the title on." He admitted, turning back round to face the cadets. "As you know, Medicants are supposed to be the one on the field capable of acting under pressure the best." He continued, "They're also the ones with the biggest hearts in the Sixth." He revealed, having them already create almost exact guesses.

Cody sighed with pleasure, knowing the outcome of the position in their team. After what happened with Katherine, Cassidy couldn't ruin her day any further. It definitely was a tough decision for him to make. Miles potential could've made him an excellent leader. But it would've made Katherine a detached soldier. It was better for the Sixth, and Cody knew that too.