IV

On the way to the N.E.V.R. Armory

The Sixth strode their way toward the armory in unison with their armor bags strapped on, following Katherine who seemed to have lead the way to their eventual destination. Cody kept to the back of the unit with Miles, Clea and Vaughn in his radar. This also gave him the opportunity to break the ice a little more between them. He could worry about the rest later. "Getting used to the irritating pumps Cassidy makes us do when we fidget?" Cody prodded, seeing three faces turn to see him. They gave no reply and stood with blank faces emphasizing on the trauma that they knew was going to be placed upon them. "You'll get used to it." He assured, smiling with the insight that they weren't.

Trekking on, the squadron eventually made to the tube like bridges which were rounded with glass on it's curves. Taking in the dazzling architecture bestowed upon and beyond what they were ambulating through, their footsteps reverberated on it's walls. From this elevated position, an almost complete picture of the camp could be observed by simply circling their view round. The bridge was severed into a crosswalk, one into a large three story building that Miles presumed to be the cafeteria and other necessities in the camp.

The other being a byway into the barracks of the Ninth and Fifth. Catching sight of their sister squadrons rushing off to their sergeants with their armor and chosen secondaries, Miles connoted that they were one of the last few to receive their orders. Walking further down and following Katherine's lead into the structure, they turned around the corners in unanimity and drove their way into the vacant armory with it's entrance unhindered. 

Upon arrival, Katherine halted the cluster and waited for the armorer to signal where their lockers would be located. Interesting enough, the cadets were expecting either a soldier on-duty or another experienced cadet like Cody or Katherine to be stationed there. But as time came to pass, a screen lit up and a voice sounded from the rooms internal speakers. "Identification." It requested in warning with a red intensity, startling the cadets. 

Miles looked over to Cody, who kept his usual cheeky smirk and his arms crossed. Miles was pretty sure that if she gave the wrong identification, they were all going to get shot, dropped into a pit of fire or arrested by the F.B.I. All of which were very, very plausible in a scenario like this. And Cody was effervescant at the sight of death itself. Despite these fears, Miles knew it was just his sense of disturbance overreacting. It was a usual occurrence in his life, not the dying part but the overreacting. "Should we be worried?" Vaughn asked Cody with a shove.

"Cadet Katherine Wren Adair. Permission was granted by Sergeant Blake Cassidy of the Sixth." She informed with ease and normality in doing so. "11-23-1." Katherine coded with her personal credential code.

A favorable resonance was played through the speakers and the panel lit up to a comforting green shade. "Welcome, Sixth Squadron." It greeted them, "Your gear compartments will be lit up individually." It specified, a blue light on the roofing of the lockers signifying where their group will be packing their primaries. "Register your full name and credentials to your chosen locker and prepare for your next activity," It paused, "Once your Basic Training is complete, your Striders will be the only ones with full access to the Armory and your lockers for mandatory inspections." It ended off with explanation. "Have fun!" It specified sarcastically.

Indicating that they were allowed to proceed, the cadets walked between the lockers and separated by a bench that split the paving. "Hey Cee!" Cody exclaimed as he walked pass the console on the wall.

"Good to see you, Cadet Castellan." It replied, constructing a mechanical smirk on the screen.

Miles, once again, has his mouth in the shape of an O. This time alongside with Clea and Vaughn both being at sixes and sevens with him. Cody, though, was kept smiling as he continued to reveal more and more of his personal connection with the camp and what he was already good friends with. Like Cee, the Armorer. "See? Nothing to be worried about." Cody chimed, patting Vaughn on the back as he sped up to his new locker and leaving the three worried and perplexed on what else he could've had history in the camp with.