XVI

Aiden immediately compensated for his misdoing and restored the cautionary devices of the armory to silence, "That's on me, I misclicked." He attested in broken words as he shifted from the particularly unfamiliar set of data and to the initial controls he'd found his way around. Again his arms trembled and his hands shivered underneath the responsibility admitted to him. He refocused his attention and turned his diligence to the video feed that taped the four as they made their initial steps. Clea placed a palm to his back and gave him a comforting brush. Aiden switched through the angled cameras in search of the two soldiers in the library, spotting them as they progressed heedlessly through the bridge to the armory.

"It's fine, Aiden." Cassidy lifted as they watched he swaps to a view in the building, "They'll get out of it." He remarked assuredly, though his words remained a lie to himself. He stayed in the likeness of someone hopeful to ensure flakes of optimism were able to spark a fire within them, even when the blaze had been put out.

The positioning of the bunkers and corresponding rooms in these barracks were oddly similar to theirs. Centered in the building stayed the showers and lockers in halvings that were split to accommodate for the male and female cadets, the bunker of the Fifth and the armory on the length furthest from the bridges, the bunker of the Ninth on the back breadth and the stairs at the angle rightward of the entrance from the bridge linking the Sixth's barracks with the Ninth's. After the alarm had been deafened, the quartet held a position at the rear end corridor nearest the Ninth's bunker. It was the most reliable option in the short-term but the most vulnerable in the long-term.

Cody accounted for their position during his doubt in stabbing Cee, equating for time to be their luxury and therefore selecting an option where it would be given to them. In a matter of seconds, a group soldiers will arrive to inspect the situation with caution. Two corridors on either side of their current location with both serving as eventual paths to the armory with an equal distance.

Moving closer to his right's corner up against the wall facing the Ninth's bunker, he waited for a moment to descry any footsteps that were closing the gap. Nothing. Either these guys weren't coming, or they were advancing toward them slowly. There was no chance he was just letting them skidaddle by. In the spur of the moment, Cody turned to search for any reflective surface on the paralleled wall that could provide needed intel. Nothing except the widened door of the previously hidden Ninth's bunker. Doing the same to his gear, he isn't able to utilize anything. Even more so when he realizes Aiden's knife had been left behind stuck in Cee. 

Letting out a hefty sigh, he was aware that he had to take his chances. Signaling to the rest he was going to expose himself to probable attack, he peeked the corner carefully. His unlit helm pokes out of the shadows and into the faint pasture of light sanctioned by the glass bridge. In an almost instantaneous reaction, the shriek of a bullet barely misses the strengthened glass of his helmet's visor and darts into the open bunker across them. The sound of the soldiers weapons adjusting can be clearly identified alongside their muffled whispers.

"I counted two figures at the library bridge but I can't confirm any hostiles advancing through the other." He described to the rest as he lets out an adrenaline spiked sigh. Seeing as they lacked hesitancy when firing, it was assured that they were known to the fact that none of their men were in the crossfire. "Push our flank."

Katherine then proceeds to rest an arrow on the shelf of her bow, before readying her hands at the grip and serving. She faces the corner with the armory affixed across them with Trevor behind her doing similarly, waiting patiently for the opportunity to strike out of the shadows and into an attack. The troops moving toward them were going to be wary of multiple targets and possibly find it safer to wait them out in cover; Useful information that changed her course of action.