VII

The two returned together back to their flag and completed the simulation as a whole. They were officially the first duo to win over both defense and offense. They latched the flag's tip down onto the added hole within their podium and sealed the game. After all that, they finally began to wonder how was it that their real bullets were used. Wondering for a second longer, the simulation disappeared and revealed the damage caused. They both turned round and had their question answered. There were burnt marks and bullet holes within the white props and walls that were slowly taken care of by robotic features within the amphitheatre and replaced.

Another thing that got Miles to wonder was what the field-masters did with their Aspersers on the offensive round. Overhead the two, the field-masters with the commander, sergeant and the Sixth compiled what they witnessed. "Cadet Miles was not only pressured immensely by the additional forces, which should've caused him to falter, but in turn was also able to withstand it and effectuate the return of the flag." A field-master revealed to them, the kids having zero clue on weight of this discovery while Fox and Cassidy knew it's astounding declaration was of great encounter.

Turning a blind eye to Fox, Cassidy tried his best to express what he had in mind. "Commander, this could be proof of further-" He settled, being paused by his indication of the presence of the cadets. Their unseen Enhancements were to be kept from themselves, they knew that well.. But something like this was never before seen. 

An augmentation in the Enhanced genome that allows for the child to sustain pure human empathy, a capability that is considered a weakness in the normal human brain, was the source of Miles' strength. His stupendous capacity for emotion is what drove him to adapt during pressured combat in his cerebral cortex. An ability considered to deteriorate his battle effectiveness, but instead enhanced his levels of awareness and thinking.

"Another thing that I'd like to mention about is when you ordered for Cadet Anderson's decisive scenario." He pointed out, "He didn't have his plan on eliminating the Asperser when he surrendered his weapon to protect Cadet Lynch." He said aghast, "He was fully determined to lower his weapon and sacrifice his mission for the sake of his friends life."

"And that was when his mind fabricated his obscure preparation." Another followed up, the commander and sergeant turning to him. Their expressions were beyond surreal, they had never seen anything like this in their lives since the birth of the first Enhanced child back all the way in 2007. 

Disrupting their processing, the collision of a bullet that made contact with the proofed glass and dented a crack into it alarmed them. The sideswipe of the pierced lead resonated into the room, dismaying those who stood closest to the glass, even Fox, who's head was where the bullet landed its mark on. They all turned to the coliseum, all of their blinders faced at Miles, who's gun was aimed to asphyxiate anyone in there. His expressions were full of rage and distrust that they could assume was due to the extra addition of Aspersers and increased verdure onto them.

"I don't think that was a good idea, Miles." Trevor warned, seeing the faces of his comrades, Cassidy and the commander all looking down to him. "That shot could've killed him." He murmured fearfully.

"Even if there weren't glass there, I would've done it." Miles warned. "Lower your sound suppressing windows and listen to me!" He raised his voice with his firearm aimed precisely on the commanders head. The field-masters will only take orders from those who had the allowance to change the simulation, the commander had that allocation right in the palm of his hanf. 

"Is he stupid?" Aspen remarked, sighing at what treason he had just committed against the camp's commander. But his squadron knew that he didn't care about what he did and the consequences of him doing so. Following his roar, the field-masters vanished the sound barrier and could hear Miles' voice through the internal speakers.