V

Miles and Aspen returned to the group afterwards in concordance and became better friends as the days passed on. Performing in fitness activities for the first part of their day with their armor and secondaries equipped, Miles slowly got to know some of his mates more. He learned new things about them, had a few laughs and conversations among the group. Smiles and joy were brought into their lives that afternoon and the days ahead. Concourse after concourse, they worked hard to endeavor through the exhaustion. Every push-up, every second they sacrifced to making themselves tenacious enough for a war that wasn't even coming.

Days and days went by the week, hours upon hours of tireless effort. 

Throughout the duration, new things came to light about their remission in Never. There was going to be a trial at the end of the that will determine the strategy of their examination at the end of their BT. Patrolling was a necessity and the platoons will take turns in doing so each day, putting the Sixth to choose their duo for the job. Cassidy implemented a system where all his cadets should return to the barracks in unity after their dinner break, unless they have patrol duty. Last but not least, if the experienced cadets have already trained and mastered their primary or secondary, they are granted the acknowledgement to train fellow squad-mates, or other platoon cadets with similar selections.

Two days later. N.E.V.R. Shooting Range.

In Miles' favour, Cody was experienced enough for the standard pistol. He was simple man. Besides, the pistol was basic and easy to comprehend. But unlike Miles who only thought of it as so, Cody knew he needed a deeper understanding of the weapon to utilize it at its best. "Keep your right eye shut and your left eye aligned with the sight." Cody instructed into the microphone attached onto his ear muffs. Never was quite clever and inquisitive in their technological design. Although having a mic that should have exposed listeners to the shrieking resonance of a gunshot, it was designed to only detect noises at a certain amplitude. 

Miles, learning to aim and fire an advanced prototype pistol, could clearly hear his mentors advice without going deaf. To increase the safety of the new and experienced cadets, Never also allowed the wearing of their armor into the range. But since certain lessons needed removal of their helmet, the helmet-masks granted were of a bulletproof glass that could withstand even multiple shots. "Keep your left arm straight, hotshot." He commended, supporting Miles arm. "Straight as a pretzel stick, keep it steady." He jested, adding a little joy in the arduous moment.

"Well, it could be a hella' lot lighter without the forearm-our." Miles referenced the squads nickname for the extensions between the gloves and shoulder plates.

"Then remove it." Cody appealed incoherently. Miles lowered the gun gently and turned his stumped (Sandy lookin' ass bobble)  head to him. "In combat you're going to have to make decisions that will benefit your performance." He justified, "Rational decisions that could hurt you, but will save your life." He concluded, giving him useful advice. Miles switched off the armor link and the metal dissipated.

"Okay, I have another thing in mind then," Miles started with his perspective, "the gun is a literal aimbot. I wouldn't need physical training, I just need my helmet to send signals to my arms and I trigger." He argued. Miles hardly found any reason to detach himself from classes, except in events that didn't make sense to him. Simply because of the amount of repeats he needed to bear. The expenditure ultimately even takes the best parts of him and throws it away.

Cody rolled his eyes and knew it was going to be the first of many times that he was going to have to give a bit of that eighteen year old wisdom to a fellow eighteen year old. "Think about what you said. There are flaws in your argument, which you can point out for yourself, hotshot." He articulated.