XI

Never's Library, 1330 hours.

"How does this work?" Miles imposed, staying aware of his surroundings at all times. The library was usually utilized by the cadets during their free periods in the day and evening to catch up on the things they missed. But seeing as today gave them the opportunity to do whatever they pleased, sleeping and gear maintenance were on their schedules. Nevertheless, there were the odd few who employed themselves to studying on this day.

"If I told you, it wouldn't make any sense." Aiden admonished, tucking himself underneath the table and advancing further through his overall intention. "Besides, you're here on watch duty." He reminded, "Not on hacking duty."

"Just give me the summary then." Miles suggested otherwise. The day was still young and he assumed they'd be there for a while. Maybe even longer than just a while. "I just want to know what you're doing with the library computer."

"It's not their computer," Aiden began as he unveiled a blade that he assumed to be from a bracer like Vaughn's. Grasping onto the cheek of the blade, away from the serrations that paralleled to its spine, he brandished the hand-crafted hilt he made and kindling Miles' curiosity further. In consecutive, he attached both segments with content. The knife could be recognized by the micro-technology fitted on the cheek and the thick handle containing an SSD and other techy things.

He let his sentence off uncompleted and proceeded with the next step. The knife blade slunk under the loose over-layer of the computer console to Aiden's side, prying it open as gently as he could. No one was in their current radar and so was any camera face as Aiden prospected by sitting down at this exact spot. Lifting the thin layer of metal up and revealing the components that built up the overall computer, the two hardly even wondered why it would require such excess. For the moment, they just thought of it as Never's dumbasses and moved on.

In spite of reluctance that the knife would function, Aiden punctured the console. The knife immediately got to work and found its way to the motherboard, eventually turning all the computer systems around their vicinity that are directly in connection with the console and to Aiden. "anymore." He ended, extracting the blade from the console. Strangely, he also segregated a piece from the console that seemed to have use for him before shutting the metal layer back on. 

Aiden returned to the screen, detaching both constituents and hid them in his utility belt, where they last stayed. "Basically, I'm turning on incognito and then surpassing the security systems that Never has, before accessing their own personal library of public and classified stuff." He summarized perfectly, "Hopefully we'll find something about the word 'Enhanced' there." He mentioned.

Miles shook his head along, getting the hunch of his plan. "That's a cool knife." He complimented.

"Thanks, I took inspiration from an old game." Aiden revealed as he continued to type faster and faster as his eyes popped from angle to angle. "A bunch of random parts I stole from Never actually," He imparted, "everyone here is a bunch of idiots." He shamed, Miles smiling in sympathy to his remark.

"And you're so sure I won't tell anyone?" Miles questioned, tempted to tell on him in between the seconds.

Aiden scoffed, "Because I know you won't." He snickered to his so-so threat. "You're not the type of person to inflict challenge against others, unless they deserve so." He concluded. Miles couldn't find a counter statement and stuck to his point. "Besides, without the equipment and pieces I stole, we would never have had a lead on the reason we're here."

"Good point." Miles endorsed. Shortly after he let him focus on his thing, he took a seat down and observed the library. Once in a while a person would pass by their secluded column either searching for a book to take back, or finding a place to rest. One occasion even brought a group trekking through the series of shelves. The Fifth, he thought from the sight of their bright number five patch on their shoulders.