You nearly killed us all

The middle of a war zone. The Taliban didn't know the soldiers were there, they had to keep cover there were too many Taliban they would have killed them all instantly. There was a casualty from the afghan army, Georgie's friend and Mimi's best friend. Georgie ran over and started treating him "okay everyone on Lane!" Shouted Charlie they all nodded and kept an eye on Georgie. A helicopter landed picking up the wounded and Charlie grabbed Georgie "you guys head back" he said they all nodded "listen to Kingy" he said they nodded as he got Georgie into the helicopter with him "what are you playing at!" He shouted she just kept hold of the gauze on the patients leg. "He was going to die" she said "Georgie your walking on thin ice" he shouted she was a bit taken aback. "You keep asking why we sent you to a psych assessment Georgie this is why!" He shouted she just looked at the patient taking a deep breath. Poya looked at her and held her hand "thank you" he said she smiled tears running down her face. They got back and Georgie sat outside on the step watching the world go by "training in 20 minutes George" said Charlie she didn't reply she just kept staring. He walked over and sat down on the step "do you want to talk?" He asked she shook her head "no" she said wiping her eyes "that's taken half your makeup off" he smiled she just looked at the smeared mascara on her hand and shook her head "what does it even matter" she said "this is what's gone wrong hasn't it?" Asked Charlie "what?" She asked "without Elvis you feel like your nothing, you don't think it's worth living or maybe it's just you don't want to live without him" he said "you know, in afghan the night before he died we spent the night together and it was the best night I've had in a long long time" she started Charlie just listened "he said I can't imagine a life without you in it" she said tears running down her face Charlie nodded "and this life that I'm living without him in it, it's just a fucking hollow pain that never goes away" she said "it's pointless, we don't do any good here, we fight, kill, see our own killed and then go home and nothing changes in this place, I've been here 8 times Charlie in 6 years and I don't see one improvement" she said wiping her face again "your the positive one. You keep us all going what's happened George" he said "I don't know Charlie without him, what is my purpose I don't know who I am anymore" she cried "I look at my mum and dad and I'm jealous because I know I'll never have what they have, Omar he took everything from me, the chance to actually see him at the alter, children, a family, I'm never going to have one of those happy Christmas's where you sit and watch your kids open the presents you got them" she said "you don't know that you will love again Georgie" he said she shook her head "the thing is, I compare people to him and nobody seems to match up they don't even come close, he is my soulmate and I know that I can never be that happy with anyone else, I can't sleep at night with someone else knowing that he should be holding me, it's not that I can't love again it's that I don't want to" she said emotionless Charlie just held her hand "he was my world Charlie" she said he nodded "I know" he said. She stood up and Charlie smiled at her "training" she smiled "you've got 10 minutes" he said "I better sort my face out" she said walking off. She wiped off all of her makeup and walked to training "you alright George?" Asked Monk she nodded "you look a bit ill are you okay?" Asked Fingers "thats what no makeup does for you" she smiled standing in line everyone actually looked a bit concerned for her. After training had finished Georgie sat down in the canteen after pouring herself a strong coffee. She sat down drinking it at a different table from the others so she was sat on her own. "She's not alright" said Monk "she's fine" said Charlie "you can't keep taking her word for it, you know what she's like she'll say she's fine and she's clearly not Charlie" said Fingers. "She's grieving" he said looking at her. Her back was facing them she wanted to be on her own. "I'll go and speak to her" said Mimi "just leave her" said Rab "no she needs a friend" she said walking over "can I sit here?" She asked Georgie nodded "of course" she smiled putting her phone down. "It's late are you going to bed soon?" Asked Georgie "it's 8:30" said Mimi Georgie nodded "sorry, my minds everywhere" she smiled "do you want to talk?" Asked Mimi Georgie shook her head "I'm not going to lie I hate talking about him" she said Mimi nodded "I want you to be alright" she said Georgie nodded "I want me to be alright too" she smiled Mimi smiled. "What are you doing?" She asked as Georgie kept picking up her phone "I know it sounds silly, it is fucking stupid but I've got this one message from Elvis and it says I've always loved you and I always will and I just read it over and over again" she said Mimi smiled and the lads walked over. "You should get some rest George you look shattered" said cheese "I told you, I always look like this with no makeup" she smirked he smiled "she can have all the rest in the world when she's in a straitjacket" laughed throbber "oi" said Charlie "who needs to pay to see a psychiatrist when Throbber can do the job for me" she smiled getting up "I'll take your orders I'm heading to bed" she said "we're watching the match George it's starts at 9" said Fingers "I've never been a big fan of football" she smiled walking off.
What will Georgie be diagnosed with? Will she ever get over what happened to Elvis? Can she move on?