16: Learning Her Truth

-Sometimes we have to choose...let go-

Lina

The shock...the surreality...it had me so overwhelmed. What on earth was Kivanc doing? The gun in his hands...the look on his face...had me frozen with fear. This was the side of him that my soul had picked up a long time ago. This beastly deadliness...the raw coldness and anger in his eyes, these were the layers behind his facade that had been giving me off vibes. 

Marry him? 

What on earth was going on in his mind? Where did this come from? What was he doing here?

"Marry me..." He persisted again, jolting Roseena and making her sob. My hands spontaneously reached for her, as I eyed the scene before me with a completely bewildered and horrified look.  

For a second, there was hurt...deep shame. This wasn't the Kivanc his family knew. This wasn't the man who had apologized to me...defended me from some immature teenage boys and made me smile. Was this his true reality? I couldn't imagine what Marina would feel if she got to know about this.  She didn't deserve this betrayal. This man...I was right about him being involved in some dangerous activities. He had a gun. And in this current mood, he seemed like he would shoot it.

Him at the restaurant...he had almost been mischievous, carefree, a good brother to his sisters...I felt like I had judged him wrong. But no, he was carrying around a facade. I honestly felt disgusted. This man...I had him walk me down dangerous alleys, and meet my daughter, and all this time, he had been silently targetting me. 

"Kivanc, are you serious?" I literally sounded so hurt and frightful...fearful of about he was going to do. "Let her go." I stepped forward, itching to slap this man in fury. 

What was he doing?

"First, say you will marry me!." He gritted his teeth, pressing the gun into Roseena's skin in an aggressive manner. I gasped in horror, fearing for her safety. I had read about such crimes in the newspapers. I had no idea what Kivanc could do to us at the moment. 

Tears; despite not wanting to show my vulnerability, a single tear rolled down my cheek as I stared in a rather broken and frightened manner...my senses so overwhelmed, lost and petrified. 

"What are you doing this to me, Kivanc?" I sounded so small, spoke so earnestly. I was honestly so baffled and confused...feeling so ached.  

However, this time, instead of snarling, there was a hint of strange emotions, as his eyes studied my hurt...especially the tears leaking from my eyes. For a  moment, I felt something like pain reflected in his mood. I felt like there was hurt...as he stood tall...threatening me with consequences. 

My senses turned alert. "Is everything alright?" I spoke with caution, moving closer. Something was up. There was something missing here. Roseena was trembling next to him. That poor woman...there was horror echoing in my eyes, too. I was truly terrified of what was going to happen next. And I think he saw that. 

"I-" Staring at me for a few minutes, he suddenly took a deep breath in and roughly pushed Roseena towards the floor while looking away with a clenched jaw. His shoulders felt like they had slightly slumped in a rather defeated manner.

Gasping, I rushed to help Roseena who was now sobbing on the floor in pain. Wrapping my arms around her in a protective manner and promising her that it was going to be okay, I turned to cautiously eye our abuse, only to find him staring at me. There was a hint of glossiness now, but before I could pick on it, he simply shook his head and sighed. "Just don't bother telling Marina or calling the police, or there will be consequences." Saying this, he walked out of the motel.