36: The Sweet Ending

-Dreams do come true-

Lina

Rushing and anxious....so disoriented, I felt disconnected from the world and couldn't understand any emotion, until I stopped to momentarily look back from a faraway and felt my heart completely blanch with so much misery, desperation and pain, as I noticed guards now returning to cover the area near the window we have escaped from. 

For a moment, the world stopped. 

Emotions gripped me hard.

K-Kivanc had no chance to come with us now.

T-There was a possibility that I would n-never g-get to see him again.

The chilling terror that came with the notion of him being so vulnerable had me almost collapsing to my knees in sorrow, horror and disbelief. I-I couldn't leave him behind. 

I-I had to go back. 

However, as the sounds of the bullets grew deadly with the sound of cries and screams, I was pulled towards a staircase that led towards the underground basement.

Each step taken had me wanting to rebel, shake my head in denial-with a force that demanded me to go back- and cry. Kivanc...he was there facing the terrifying situation of chaos all alone. He only had a weapon, and the place was under siege, so he was completely vulnerable. 

We had to go back to him. Now!

Yet, there was no moment allowed for us to momentarily hesitate, and Zara hurriedly rushed us towards the sheer dark, slimy and silent basement. She knew how to manoeuvre in darkness so simply had us following the sound of her footsteps and led us to some room in the basement.

 The only thought that compelled me to move was that Feri, my daughter, was counting on me. I had to act rationally for her.

Fortunately, that room had some lights escaping into it from cracks on the upper side of its left wall.

"Stay here. No one will give the basement attention at the moment. These areas are too vacant for people who are fighting outside. I will be back." Assuring us, she hurried out of the room with urgency and determination. 

The slamming of the door, the sinking of silence and being engulfed in the darkness...I stood at the door with a grieved numbness. My eyes were brimming with tears, my emotions were scattered all over.

This was it.

A whole hierarchy had been toppled today... the cost of this rebellion would be deadly.

K-Kivanc....he had sacrificed his safety, everything to protect me.

He was out there fighting for me. We have promised to stay together, he had picked me up with I was down, healed my bleeding heart...and h-he might not make it. The man who had taught me so much changed my perspectives, made me love myself was willing to have himself destroyed to keep having me love myself. This selfless love...this is what they called destiny, destined.

Even miles away, we were there for each other because this kind of care was more of a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity. Despite standing in the shadows, I couldn't move away, look away from the door that could lead me back to him.

I didn't want to lose him. Not now... never-till the end of our lives.

**

We sat against the wall-Mehdi and me. 

The clock was ticking. 

Minutes felt like hours. I was praying, giving it my all to ensure that the night passed with no life-changing news. Closing my eyes and desperately trying to keep myself calm, keep myself from hyperventilating and thinking about the circumstances, I felt tears continuously dripping down my cheeks.