Chapter 2

Mallika's POV:

Mom and I entered the building when my mom's phone rang. She asked me to go ahead and register my name for the auditions. Actually today I had come to Swastik Productions because they had announced auditions for the role of Radha in their new show 'RadhaKrishn'. I heard that they had already selected an upcoming and famous actor for Krishna's role. I just hope that today I perform well and land the role of Radha.

With these thoughts I started walking towards the lift when I saw the lift doors closing. I ran and quickly entered the lift and said thank you to the person who stopped the lift for me. He had very curly hair to the point it resembled Maggi noodles and I couldn't see his face properly. Hearing my words, he turned around to acknowledge my thanks and I froze...

I saw a pair of hazel brown eyes. It belonged to the boy who had occupied my dreams during my childhood days. A distracting image of two smiling teenagers riding bicycles entered my brain making me numb every passing second.

He finally said equally surprised,"Mallika!"

I snapped out of my thoughts and said, "Hi Sumedh, long time no see," hoping to keep the nervousness out of my voice. I didn't wait for his reply and shifted my focus to the script papers I had in my hand.

" Which floor?"

My eyes shot up in confusion and Sumedh again repeated the question as I saw his fingers hovering near the lift buttons.

"woh...5th floor..", I stammered and instantly cursed myself for failing to control my beating heart. His voice had become very rich and deep; His features had become very defined and he looked fit; He was wearing formals and I faintly recognised a childhood memory where he had told me that he wanted to wear formal shirts everyday...he looked way more handsome than I remembered him to be.

Both of us stood in awkward silence till we reached the 5th floor. As soon as the lift doors opened, I walked out without acknowledging him and had almost reached the office only to realise that he was three steps behind me. I braced myself and turned around with a nonchalant expression on my face.

"What do you want Sumedh? Why are you following me?"

Now it was his turn to look confused and then he smirked, "I am not following you. I have a meeting here regarding my new show Malllllikaaa." He drawled my name and gave me a lazy, mischievous smile.

I clenched my fists and glared at him. Typical Sumedh. What was I even expecting...that he would have matured ...it's never going to happen in a million years. My attention got stuck on the word new show, but I decided to ignore the uneasy feeling and reminded myself that RadhaKrishn is not the only show produced by Swastik.

I shaked my head disapprovingly at him and started to go on my way when he suddenly grabbed my wrist and turned me towards him.

My breath hitched and I felt an electric shock run through my spine. His hand was warm on my cold wrist and I was just standing inches away from him...I could smell his cologne and it sent my senses on overdrive...my eyes immediately sought his hazel brown depthness and I slowly started to drown into them when I heard a loud sound.

I immediately snapped out my reverie and pushed him away. I chided myself for again getting affected by him and hissed, "What was that for? Who gave you the permission to touch me Mr. Big shot?"

He held up his hands in mock defeat and cheerfully remarked, " your shoelaces are untied, I don't want you to fall on the same day of our reunion you know...and also in case you are curious about my new show which you obviously aren't...but it is my manners to share it with you...after all you were a good friend in the past..."

He wiggled his eyebrows at me and I could feel that he was thoroughly enjoying my reactions. I took a deep breath and placed my hands on my hip.

"Fine. First thanks for showing concern and second this is not our reunion. Both of us will go on our separate ways in just a minute after this useless conversation. So hurry up and tell me"

He folded his arms across his chest and stood close to me. The uneasy feeling returned again. He leaned forward and whispered into my right ear, "I am your Krishna if you get selected as Radha. So I sincerely hope that this is the last time we go our separate ways. All the best."

With that he walked past me into the office and I stood there gaping, cursing my fate.

************************************
Hi guys, hope you like the story

What do you think will happen next?

Will Mallika pass her auditions?

Please vote and comment