Chapter 14

Mallika's POV:

Two months had already passed by with all the necessary workshops, meetings and photoshoots. Tomorrow was the day of promo shoot and I was very much excited, but at the same time also nervous. Tomorrow I would have to showcase everything that I have learnt from these past two months of rigorous training and prove myself as an actor. I looked out of the balcony and closed my eyes relishing the cool breeze that caressed my face making me forget the uneasy feeling in the pit of my stomach. I stood there for a while enjoying the peacefulness of the night when suddenly a car honked loudly and someone shouted from inside the car.

"Yo Mallika, let's go have ice-cream!!"

"Come down fast bugs bunny"

I rubbed my eyes not believing the scene below me. It was Sumedh and Dau screaming at the top of their voices. I waved my hands and tried to shush them in fear of my mom waking up . It was bloody 10:30 at night and these two idiots might wake up the whole neighborhood. I quickly took out my phone and furiously texted to Sumedh'stop yelling you guys. Mumma will wake up'

'Then come down. Pleaseeeeeee'

'Nope. Look at the time. If mumma finds out she will be angry'

'Woah..the great Mallika is a scaredy cat'

'GO AWAY!!!'

'If  you don't come down within exactly 2 min, Dau and I will again start shouting'

'I'm not coming. PERIOD'

They were silent for a few seconds and then both of them once more started yelling my name even louder than before and I knew that if I didn't go now, then there will be a big crowd in front of my gate. I cursed loudly and typed 'I will come only if you stop screaming'. Immediately they quietened and I heaved a sigh of relief.

I quickly put on a sweater and wrapped a scarf around my neck. Just as I was about to open the door I received a text from him 'Thanks Radhe'.

Radhe. I stopped short at his use of my character name. This is the first time he's doing it and I felt a strange attachment to this name. It instantly brought a blush to my cheeks and I bit my lips to stop myself from smiling.

I am going mad. If I am blushing on his simple utterance of Radha that too by text, then what will happen in the future when I have to shoot with him daily...what have I gotten myself into...
I shook my head a few times and took a deep breath to calm down. I decided that I was reading too much into his casual text and dismissed the feelings that raised in me.

-----------------------

I got into the back seat and slammed the car door making both of them jump.

"Do both of you really need to eat ice-cream at 10:30 in the night? Seriously?", I glared at them.

"Mallika there is no separate time to eat ice-cream. Waise Raat ko ice-cream khanae se alag hi Khushi multi hai", Dau tried to convince me.

"Fine Dau I'll accept that. But why did you join hands with this idiot here and shouted my name. You could have just phoned me. Iss noodles ko toh Kuch Nahi ho skata hai par aap dau?", I pouted.

Before Dau could answer Sumedh smirked from the driver's seat, "Dau is my friend first. So he'll obviously listen to me. It's not rocket science to not understand this simple logic Mallika."

"Chup Karo. I'm not talking to you."

"Yes you are not talking to me but about me. So I have to give an answer"

"You're impossible Sumedh"

"I know. Thanks for the compliment."

"Guys shanti....look we have reached", Dau interrupted our bickering. I threw a final glare at Sumedh to which he playfully winked at me and went inside the shop. I rolled my eyes exasperatedly at his childish behaviour and followed the boys inside.

Sumedh went to order for us while Dau and I chatted about random topics. I had instantly connected with Dau when we met two months back and he felt like an elder brother to me. He had insisted me to call him Dau instead of his name and I was more than happy to oblige.

"Mallika ek baat batao. Why do you and Sumedh fight so much? I have not seen both of you end a single conversation without a fight."

"I honestly don't know. One minute he is all nice and supportive and the next moment he irritates me to no end with his teasing. Scold him nicely dau", I complained.

"Ok ok. I'll scold him. Now don't spoil your mood and give me a smile", Dau chuckled at me.

"Here you go guys. Chocolate for Mallika, Butterscotch for Dau and Vanilla for me", Sumedh sat down next to me.

"Mallika stop gossiping about me. I know that I always occupy your mind but give it a break sometimes."

"Ha! You wish", I looked at him appalled.

"Acha.. Mallika, Sumedh are both of you ready for the promo shoot tomorrow?", Dau quickly changed the subject before Sumedh could tease me again.

"Yes!!!", both of us replied in unison and Dau looked at us amusedly.

"But I am also nervous. This is my first show and this is a very big production. I am scared that I'll make mistakes tomorrow", I confessed to both of them. It was strange but I felt at ease sharing my insecurities with them. I spent time with Dau long enough to know that he won't judge me and Sumedh might tease me to his heart's full but at the end of the day he supports me the most through my difficulties.

"Don't stress out too much Mallika. Be yourself and believe in your acting. There's a first time for everything. Do you know...I took twenty takes for my first shot when I started acting and Sumedh, I think thirty takes before his shot got finalised ", Dau did his best to comfort me.

My mood instantly improved with dau's words and I gave him a thankful smile. I was still a bit apprehensive, but I felt a little relieved on knowing that everybody struggled during their beginning days.

All of us finished our ice-cream cones and headed back to the car with me riding shotgun this time. Sumedh first dropped Dau at his house and then we drove to my home with me being completely alert. After that fiasco of me dozing in his car like a sleep deprived person, I made up my to always be awake when I am around him. I didn't want to take any risks.

We reached home and he turned off the ignition. I bade him goodnight and got down the car when he called out, "Good night Radhe...let's do our best tomorrow."

Shivers ran down my spine as I heard him utter Radhe. I could sense the affection in his words and felt my knees going weak. Control yourself Mallika Singh I chided myself and waved at him again. I ran inside the house, to my room and fell on my bed with a thud trying to calm my beating heart. I squeezed my eyes shut and hugged my pillow close to me attempting to sleep.

I was interrupted when my phone buzzed with a notification from Dau and I opened it.

'Hope you had a good time today. And I thought you should know this... It was Sumedh's plan to take you out for ice-cream. He said that it always reduced your tension. So don't take his teasing  to your heart. Good night Mallika'

I smiled at Dau'd concern for both of us and replied back to him:

'I knew it was Sumedh's plan Dau. Thanks for telling me anyways. Good night✨'

************************************
Hi guys, new chapter update.

Sorry for not posting the past week. I was caught up with studies. Hope all of you will like the cahpter.

As always please vote and comment to share your feedback 🙏.