Chapter 3

Sumedh's POV:

I walked past Mallika and entered the office. I tried to control my heartbeat and the butterflies in my stomach but failed miserably. I couldn't understand how this girl still has a hold over me after all that happened between us.

"Sumedh bhaiya, you are finally here. Everyone is waiting for you in the conference room. Come this way with me", the receptionist said.

I shook my head a few times and went into the conference room. Siddharth sir, Rahul sir, Basant who was going to play Balram's character and few people from the creative team were present for the meeting. I quickly apologised and we started discussing about the show.

As the meeting came to an end one person named Nitin from the creative team asked, "Whom do you think will be picked as Radha? There are lot of known actresses waiting outside for the auditions."

Another person called Eshita said, "But there are also a lot of new faces. It will be interesting to see who gets picked."

"I don't care if the actress is famous or a new face. I need a girl who can bring out the innocence of Radha with her acting. Her eyes should have the ability to speak volumes and she should have good chemistry with Sumedh here", Siddharth sir informed us.

Immediately Mallika crossed my mind . Her eyes had always captivated me...She used to wear a thin layer of Kajal during school days that made her eyes pop out and look more beautiful if that was possible.

Basant shook his hands in front of me and asked, " Sumedh where are you lost? Can we go see who is going to become your Radha? The auditions have started it seems."

I grinned, " Sure dau. Let's go."

Mallika's POV:

I changed into Radha's costume and waited for someone to come and do my makeup. My mom was waiting in the reception. I had told her about my encounter with Sumedh and she was very happy that I had met my old friend and also that he was going to play Krishn. I had not told her about my fallout with Sumedh as she loved him like her own son.

My phone vibrated and it was a message from Monika, my best friend. She is an amazing classical dancer. After I moved to Jammu during 11th grade because of my father's transfer ( he is a army officer ) Monika was the first friend I made and sometimes I feel both of us are soulmates. She knows exactly when I am in bad mood and how to cheer me up.

'All the best Miku... U'll be a fantastic Radha😍'

'🙂'

'kya hua? Sab teek?'

' tum na instead of becoming a dancer you should have been a mind reader..tume kesai pata ma teek Nahi hoon?'

'tum ek smiley text karogi toh obviously mujhe lagega tum teek nahi hai...ab batao hua kya?'

'I met Sumedh. He is the actor who is going to play Krishn'

'woh Sumedh...tumhari childhood crush???'

'Mera crush Nahi best friend tha woh'

'yeah yeah whatever you say😋'

'ab kya karoon moni... The confidence I had in the morning is slowly starting to fade😔'

'pagal ladki... What do you mean kya karoon... obviously you will give your best. You always tell that you are not bothered by him..ab kya hua?? Meri sherni Miku ab Billy hogai??'

'woh aise Nahi hai...you know what you are right. I am not going to be distracted by him anymore. I am going to practice my script. Thanks moni✨'

' that's the Miku I know. Ignore him and rock the auditions girl👍'.

Two makeup artists transformed me into Radha. I looked at myself in the mirror and took a deep breath. You can do it Mallika. Ignore Sumedh. I squared my shoulders and walked to the audition room.

A lot of famous actresses were standing in front of me waiting for their turn. It was a bit overwhelming, but then I saw Sumedh entering the audition hall and a fiery determination raised in me. I was not going to make a fool of myself in front of him. I will certainly become Radha.
With these thoughts I prayed to God and waited for my turn.

************************************

How did you like the chapter guys?

Is the story very slow? Should I speed it up?

Please vote and comment🙏