Chapter 4

Sumedh's POV:

Basant and I settled down at the back of the audition hall. Many actresses came and performed on the stage. But I was again lost in the thoughts of Mallika. I never expected her to become an actress. She was always interested in sports from a young age.

"Sumedh, I think out of all who performed till now Tanya is the best. How about you?", Basant asked pointing to the actress on the stage.

"Huh...yeah dau she's good"

"Phir se khaha ko gayi? What happened to you today?"

"Kuch Nahi dau... I'm fine"

"Hmm if you say so. Look another actress is here. I think she is new. Mallika Singh"

My head shot up and I leaned forward to get a better view of her. She was wearing a yellow blouse with  embroidered flower patterns paired with flowing maroon skirt and a dupatta . Her hair was braided into two plaits decorated with flowers and she was even adorned with flower ornaments instead of jewelry. Her makeup was neutral almost nonexistent, but it made her look innocent. Wow... she looked breathtaking and I knew in that instant that she will forever be the Radha of my heart no matter whatever differences we had between us.

"She's beautiful...my Radha", I said involuntarily earning a sly smirk from dau.

"Looks like someone is in love", dau snickered wiggling his eyebrows at me.

I blushed hard and asked him to shut up and concentrate on the auditions.

Mallika's POV:

I walked up to the stage and stood in the center. I fidgeted with my dupatta and the director sensed that i was nervous. He asked me to take a deep breath and go with the flow of the script.

I nodded my head and as I started to act the scene given to me, my eyes fell on Sumedh. He was at the back of the hall watching me a like a hawk. I faltered and I could feel sweat droplets on my forehead. My heart started beating fast and I bit my lips in apprehension.

The director shouted, "CUT! Mallika relax yourself. We will start from the beginning"

I managed to pry my eyes from Sumedh and blinked a few times. You can do this Mallika. Ignore him. I repeated the mantra a few times, blocked the outer world and focused on myself and my acting.

And then magic happened.

I remembered my lines perfectly and acted out the scene with full of passion. After I finished my audition, I gave a dazzling smile and bowed my head.

" Good job Mallika...you're acting was on point and your expressions were also beautiful. You need a little tweaking here and there, but for a new comer you exceeded my expectations", the director praised me.

I thanked the director profusely and exited the stage but not before throwing challenging smirk at Sumedh.
                               ----------

Outside in the reception my mom was talking to some other parents. I crept up to her and hugged her from behind. She jumped in suprise and pulled my ears, "Miku tum badi hogai but you still behave like a 10 year old"

I smiled sweetly at her, "I will always be small girl for you"

"Kya baat hai. Aaj gussa Nahi aayi...tume 10 year old bhola meine"

"Mumma I think I did well in the auditions...I think I have a chance this time."

"That's great beta. I'm so proud of you. Let's hope for the best"

I grinned and linked my arms with her. Both of us came out of the building. The sun had already set and the sky grew dark rapidly. We were waiting for an auto when suddenly I felt someone tapping my shoulder. I turned around and saw Sumedh standing in front of me with a mischievous smile plastered on his face.

He greeted my mom, " hi aunty, how are you? It has been almost 7 years since I last saw you."

"Mai teek hoon beta. Tum kasie ho? Bada star hogai ho aaj kal. I'm so proud of you", my mom told him with such adoration in her eyes that I felt that she was meeting her long lost son.

"Ha big star it seems", I scoffed immediately earning a glare from my mother.

"Koi baat nahi aunty... Mallika bachpanse asie hai..usko mujhe tease Karne se kushi milthi hai", he said cheekily and crushed my mom with a tight hug.

He winked at me and I rolled my eyes at his drama.

"Waise how are you beautiful ladies going to go home? Shall I drop you?"

I was about to deny his offer when my mom's phone beeped. It was a message from the bank. She turned to Sumedh and asked him for a favour that made my jaws drop to the ground.

"Sumedh beta I have to go the bank urgently. I can take an auto but can you drop Mallika at our house. She doesn't know the city well as we moved back to Mumbai after a long gap", my mom talked to him forgetting that I was standing beside her.

I again started to refuse but this time Sumedh cut me, "you don't have to ask me favours aunty. You can just order me. I'm like your son right...don't worry I'll make sure Mallika reaches home safely."

Mumma thanked him one last time and disappeared in an auto.

"You don't have to drop me. I can go by myself", I said with a tone of finality.

"No way Mallika. Its getting dark and you don't know your way. You can be angry with me next to me in the car also. I'm dropping you and that's final", he said dropping his mischievous demeanor and turned into a Sumedh that I didn't know.

I looked into his smouldering eyes and found myself following him quietly.

************************************

End of chapter four.

Did you guys like the chapter?

What do you think Sumedh and Mallika will talk about in the car?

Please vote and comment 🙏