Chapter 15

Sumedh's POV:

"Bhaiya are you ok? You have again fallen asleep", a voice shook me out of my slumber. I opened my eyes and took in my surroundings; I was in my makeup room getting ready for the promo shoot and I had fallen asleep while holding my script on one hand and chai mug on the other hand.

"Sorry Bala. Didn't get enough sleep yesterday", I sheepishly told him and sipped some tea. This is third mug and I am still not feeling awake.

I had returned home at 1:00 a.m after dropping Mallika at her house. I  consider going to bed at 1:00 as  normal as I am more of a night owl person. But the abnormal part was that I couldn't fall asleep as my mind kept travelling back to the tiniest details of our late night outing. Mallika's scrunched up nose when she was annoyed with me and Dau; the  sparkle in her eyes when I gave her favourite chocolate ice-cream; the way she bit her lips and twirled the bunny ring on her finger when she shared about her insecurities with us; and how she tried to hide her affected self from me after I called her Radhe. Maybe it was my imagination but my heart is adamant on convincing me otherwise.

It has been roughly two months since we met and I had spent each day agonizing over being just friends and nothing more. I desired to confess my feelings to her, but for that to happen both of us would have to move on from the old wounds and have a heart to heart talk about it. The problem is that Mallika completely ignores me whenever I bring up anything from the past. It's like the past doesn't even exist for her.

I sighed loudly receiving a concerned glance from Bala yet again. I smiled at him as he tapped my shoulders encouragingly and exited the room. I looked at my reflection in the mirror and was surprised to find a divine personality staring back at me. During the time I was lost hopelessly in my musings, the costume department and make up team had put in great amount of effort to transform me into the Godhead Krishn. I took a deep breath and pushed out all the thoughts from my head. I shouldn't let the team's efforts go to waste. I picked up the script and walked briskly towards the set. My personal life can take a backseat for now. I need to focus on work and live up to my reputation of Mr. Professional Sumedh Mudgalkar.

"Sumedh how are you today? All ready to start the journey?", Siddharth sir joined me on my way to the set.

"Yes sir. I can't believe it's finally happening. Thank you for giving me the role."

"You don't have to thank me. You have earned it. By the way I caught a glimpse of Mallika inside the set. I have to say that it feels like Radha and Krishn have been reincarnated again. Both of you are radiating a peaceful and elegant vibe."

"I think it's because of the costumes and make up. Wearing it brings a unusual calmness in me and I truly feel one with the character. The team has done a really great job."

"Hmm yeah. I have to thank Jeevika for her efforts. She has worked really hard the past two months for this show."

I nodded agreeing with him. Jeevika might be annoying sometimes ( fine most of the times) but she is good with her work. We reached the set and I mentally prepared myself to act alongside Mallika.

-----------------------

Mallika's POV:

"Hey Miku. Here's your coffee", Eshita extended a cup towards me.
During the endless days of workshops, meetings and photoshoots, Eshita and I  became fast friends. She had  supported me through all unknown jargon and helped me transform from a complete novice to an expert who now understands the complex world of TV industry.

"Thanks Eshi. Did Sumedh come?", I inquired.

"Not yet. I am surprised Mr. Professional has still not showed up for the shoot. Usually he comes 30 minutes earlier than his call time", she answered with an emphasis on Professional which brought a chuckle to my lips.