Chapter 7

Mallika's POV:

Four days had passed since the auditions and also my fateful encounter with Sumedh. But these few days felt like an eternity as both my brain and heart were in a constant state of war. My brain instructed me to remove Sumedh from my thoughts while my heart repeatedly found solace in the blissful memories we had created together. And adding to the tug of war between my mind and heart, I was also anxious about the results of my audition.

I had almost given up hopes of becoming Radha when suddenly my phone rang.

"Hello. Who is speaking?"

"Hi, I am the casting director of RadhaKrishn serial. Mallika Singh, you have been selected to portray Radha. Please come for the photoshoot tomorrow at 9:00 am sharp", the voice on the other side of the phone informed me.

I was stunned for a minute and then double checked with the director in case it was a prank call. He laughed good-naturedly and assured me that I am the Radha they were searching for a long time and it was definitely not a prank. I squealed with joy and ran around the house shouting for my mom.

"Kya hua Miku? Why are you yelling?", my mom came out of the kitchen with her hands tightly closing her ears.

"Mumma, you won't believe who just called. The casting director of RadhaKrishn. Guess what he said"

My mom's face instantly brightened as she knew what I was going to say next. I confirmed her thoughts and she gave me a bone crushing hug.

"I'm so proud of you darling. Your hard work has finally paid off. And what's more Sumedh is your co star. You can work with your Sumi and he will also take care of you", she said with twinkling eyes and realization dawn upon me.

"I am your Krishna if you get selected as Radha". His voice echoed in my mind continuously and I couldn't decipher my feelings. I was on one hand apprehensive of my damaged bond with Sumedh and on the other hand ecstatic to again meet and spend time with him under the context of work.

I plopped down on my bed and attempted to push the conflicting thoughts out of my head. Finally after about two hours I felt my eyelids drooping and sleep found me. Tomorrow was going to an eventful day.

--------------------
The next day:

The sun rays fell on my face urging me to wake up and I could hear birds chirping in the background as a substitute for my morning alarm. I frowned at the disturbance and hid my face under the blanket. A few minutes would have passed peacefully when suddenly the door to my room was banged open and I was rudely woken up by my mom's hysterical voice. I managed to catch some of her words: get up, late, lazy girl, 7:45, photoshoot...

Dammit today is my photoshoot. I quickly jumped off the bed and rushed into the bathroom to freshen up. I wore a half sleeved blue summer dress that reached a little below my knees paired with white canvas shoes. I applied a thin layer of Kajal, some lip balm and gave myself a final look on the mirror. Perfect, ready for the day.
I pecked my mom on her cheeks and ran out of the house.

It was 8:50 when I arrived at Swastik. I heaved a sigh of relief and went inside the building. As I was enquiring at the reception on where to go, a voice interrupted me.

" Mallika Singh right? Our new Radha..hey I am Eshita from the creative team", she said extending out her hand towards me.

I shook her hand firmly, " hi I was asked to come for the photoshoot today. Do you know where I should go?"

"I'm here to guide you. Follow me. Actually for this show a new costume designer from Delhi is coming today. She is also the same age as you I think"

We both chatted casually and I felt comfortable with her. She led me to the changing room and on the way I had the chance of meeting Siddharth sir.

"Hello Mallika. Welcome on board to our show. I saw your audition video. You were mind blowing with your expressions and dialogues. You are the perfect person for Radha", Siddharth sir praised me and I failed to hide my blush.

"Thanks for giving me the opportunity sir. I won't let you down", I told him greatfully.

"Have you met Sumedh, your costar? If not meet him today before the photoshoot and get acquainted with each other. I think he is speaking with our costume designer."

I gulped and nodded my head. I could feel butterflies in my stomach as I slowly made my way to the changing rooms. I heard Sumedh's deep voice emanating from one of the rooms and I placed my hand on the doorknob. As I was about to open the door, I heard another female voice which oddly felt familiar.

"Sumi try this pagdi. This will suit you much better."

Sumi. It was the nickname that I had given him. Nobody else called him Sumi other than me...then who is it??
I racked my brain to find the answer when I again heard the sugary sweet voice, " you look handsome Sumi. And also your smile is your best feature. It brings back memories of our relationship you know..."

I widened my eyes in realisation. This sugary voice belonged to the one person I hate the most in my life, Jeevika Malhotra. What is she doing here in Mumbai?? Is she the costume designer?? I was lost in my thoughts when the door opened from the inside. I lost my balance and fell into Sumedh's arms and he instantly caught my waist. I raised my eyes and saw him looking at me surprised. And then my attention fell on the person standing behind him with a foul expression on her face.

She sneered at me, "Mallika how are you? If you don't mind can you step away from Sumedh. You will ruin his costume."

************************************
Hey guys I'm back with a new chapter.

Jeevika is a face from the past and also the mortal enemy of Mallika.
Read to find out what happens between them in the next chapters.

Please vote and comment 🙏.