Chapter 10

Basant's POV:

I finally got to meet Mallika Singh, the girl who had managed to completely captivate Sumedh's heart who otherwise was a cold person when it came to love. I had found out about Sumedh's first love during his birthday two years back. He was shooting for another show at that time and already had a massive fan following. The cast, crew, fans, TV reporters and many more had wished him on his special day and cut cakes for him, but his usual radiant smile did not reach his eyes. His attention was constantly on his phone like he was waiting for a call or text from an important person.

Later that evening both of us took a stroll on the beach and I had gently prodded him about his disturbed state. I can still remember the moment when he looked at me with painful eyes and hugged me tightly for comfort.

"I miss her so much Dau", he sobbed with his tears drenching my shirt.

I was surprised would be an understatement. The happy go lucky, ever smiling Sumedh was crying.

"What happened Sumedh? Why are you crying like this? Whom are you talking about?", I asked him concerned.

He sniffed and dried his eyes with the back of his hand."Dau meri best friend thi woh...who am I kidding...she is my first love. Mallika...it's been 5 years since I last saw her, but not a day has gone by when I haven't yearned for her to come back into my life and again light it up with her melodious laughter", he rushed to complete his thoughts in a single breath.

"Kya hua tum dono ki beech main? You are not the type who gets into conflicts with anyone"

"Dau I was a stupid immature 16 year old boy back then. We got into a big fight. I lost my temper and said things that I regret even today."

"Did you apologize to her?"

"No Dau. I didn't get the chance because the next day she had moved to Jammu due to her father's transfer. I tried for months to contact her but she didn't pick up my call even once. It's become 5 years now."

I put an arm around his shoulder comfortingly and we stared at the sea for quite some time.

"You know Dau... Every birthday she would sneak up into my room exactly at 12:00 midnight and jump on my bed. A pillow fight would follow and then she'll give me a present. I used to wait every year for this ritual. But now I can't even contact her...", he had told me with a sad sigh.

A few days back Sumedh had excitedly informed me that he had met with Mallika again during the auditions and my joy knew no bounds at hearing his elated voice.

I was still reminiscing when I heard the pair bickering loudly with each other.

"Don't act like an innocent person Sumedh. I know you boys vey well."

"Yeah finally both of us agree on something. You know boys very well."

"Shut up. It's none of your business if I know boys or not."

"Why should I shut up? I'm telling the truth"

All of us present in the room watched them with amused expressions. They looked like a pair of kids quarreling over who knows who best.I suppressed my laughter and stood in between them before their fight could escalate.

"Stop fighting guys. Don't create a scene in front of everyone", I shushed  them.I took both their hands and quickly exited the studio.

-----------------------
Mallika's POV:

Dau pulled us both into an empty changing room. I was still glaring at Sumedh when Dau waved his hand in front of my face, "any moment your eyes will fall off your sockets Mallika."

"Doesn't she look like bugs bunny Dau? With her big eyes and bunny teeth?", Sumedh nudged dau and smirked at me.

"Look at yourself in the mirror first. You Noodles head", I snapped at him.

"STOP IT guys. Are you both 10 year old kids? For how long will you fight?", Dau yelled at us and we finally became silent. He asked me to meet him at the lobby in 10 minutes and dragged Sumedh out of the room.

I hated the mixed the feelings I harboured for Sumedh. One moment I would find myself drowning in his enchanting eyes and the next moment he would do something that would frustrate and anger me to no end. I made up my mind to entirely ignore him even though a voice at the back of mind warned me that I will fail at this task.

-----------------

I changed out of my costume and pulled my hair into a high ponytail. I entered the lift and Sumedh also came in now changed into a casual hoodie and jeans with a beanie cap covering his Noodles head. I turned my face away and started my task of ignoring him when his voice interrupted me, "give me your number."

"Why? I'm in no mood to keep contact with you."

"Same here madam. But you don't have any of the production team members' number and for now I'm your only point of contact", he retorted. I scowled and handed my phone to him.

The lift doors opened and we walked towards Dau who was standing at the far end of the lobby talking to a girl. As we reached closer, the girl came into view and I stopped short. It was Jeevika.

"Hey Sumedh Mallika over here", Dau called out to us.

"Hey Sumedh...I was just asking Basant if I could join you guys for lunch. How about we three go to Pizza hut?", Jeevika asked Sumedh with her hands closely wrapping around his arms and she pressed herself onto him. It was a funny sight. She looked up at him adoringly while he was trying hard to pry her hands off him without hurting her feelings. My eyes met Dau and both of us snickered earning a glare from Sumedh. I decided to help the poor boy on his plight.

"Yoo-hoo I'm also here Jeevika. Hope your eyesight is fine. And I don't feel like eating pizza today. Let's go to Vidya Bhavan. The food there is much better and it's also Sumedh's favourite restaurant", I pulled Sumedh and Dau along with me to the parking lot and she glowered at our retreating figures.

Sumedh let out a relieved sigh and nodded me thanks. All of us got into dau's car with Sumedh and me occupying the back seat. Jeevika gave us the stink eye and rode shotgun along with Dau.

I smirked evilly at Sumedh, "you owe me one. Don't forget."

************************************
Hey everyone, I'm back with a new chapter. I know I told that I will reveal the sour relationship between the girls, but I felt that I should include dau's POV also. Sorry guys, the next chapter will be about it.

And also I will post the ages of our characters to avoid confusion:
Sumedh, Mallika, Jeevika: 23
Basant: 26
Monika (Mallika's best friend): 23

Please vote and comment 🙏.